Hospitals dont just treat whites for cancer and leukaemia do they?

A question mark wouldn't have made a difference.

Yes it did. You see it turns it from a statement to a question. :)

---------- Post added 27-01-2014 at 11:51 ----------

That'll be it Claire. They (and by 'they' I mean 'us' because I, too, am a member of a minority ethnic community) are able to help others but lack the instinct and desire to do so. How could I have been so blind to this deficiency all these years. Perhaps us people of colour lack self-awareness too.

I tell you what I do have in abundance though....... and that's pity. And I'm feeling a boatload of it right now.

Self pity serves no one.

You seem to have missed the question mark from my post. If you are going to quote me then please, at least be accurate and honest.

---------- Post added 27-01-2014 at 11:40 ----------

Ability? Who said anything about ability? Could it be that they lack the same instincts or desire to help others?

---------- Post added 27-01-2014 at 11:42 ----------

Why is it more difficult for them? Dont white people have over crowded homes where accommodation is at a premium?

Ok - I'll humour you a little more. Here's some very, very basic demographics for you - some minority ethnic communities have more kids and live in extended family groups meaning their homes are more likely to be overcrowded.

There are also fewer people from these communities in real numbers compared to the majority population meaning there are fewer of them available to adopt.

And I'm fearful of telling you this as it will undoubtedly be more grist to your mill but there are also more black / mixed race children up for adoption.

To be honest I'm not arrogant enough to try not draw conclusion on a complex subject that I know nothing about, without looking at all the evidence available. After all ill informed opinions are worthless aren't they, they often lead to questions like this:

I wouldnt try to draw conclusions either although from some of the replies you would think i had done.

---------- Post added 27-01-2014 at 11:53 ----------

Ok - I'll humour you a little more. Here's some very, very basic demographics for you - some minority ethnic communities have more kids and live in extended family groups meaning their homes are more likely to be overcrowded.

There are also fewer people from these communities in real numbers compared to the majority population meaning there are fewer of them available to adopt.

And I'm fearful of telling you this as it will undoubtedly be more grist to your mill but there are also more black / mixed race children up for adoption.

My mill is fine thanks :)

A black celebrity contestant on Family Fortunes is intending to donate her winnings(if she wins) to an African caribbean leukemia charity, and another black celebrity (Danny John Jules) on Mastermind intended to donate his to some black specific cancer charity.

Aren't black people treated for cancer and leukemia like everyone else, if so why the need for these race-specific charities?

African caribbean leukemia charity

The ACLT is a voluntary charity, whose main aim is to increase the number of Black, Mixed Race and Ethnic Minority people on the UK Bone Marrow Register

Its more about getting people from these populations onto the registers or as donors because they are some of the least likely communities contribute.

African caribbean leukemia charity

The ACLT is a voluntary charity, whose main aim is to increase the number of Black, Mixed Race and Ethnic Minority people on the UK Bone Marrow Register

Its more about getting people from these populations onto the registers or as donors because they are some of the least likely communities contribute.

Do you have any idea as to why they are the least likely to contribute?

Do you have any idea as to why they are the least likely to contribute?

Claire - we consider it taboo for another person to have our bone marrow, because if they do they also inherit some of our soul and that's bad ju-ju. It's been a secret we've kept for many years but it's about time it was out in the open.

Claire - we consider it taboo for another person to have our bone marrow, because if they do they also inherit some of our soul and that's bad ju-ju. It's been a secret we've kept for many years but it's about time it was out in the open.

:hihi::hihi:

Archived