How much would this person receive on benefits

WeX

Just had a quick look and a cleaning SUPERVISOR gets 8K for a 17 hr week and a discount to use the gym, whooppee

How much do you think they should get?

Just been on the news that the royals have got to cut costs and may need to make some staff redundant.

How much do you think they should get?

Just been on the news that the royals have got to cut costs and may need to make some staff redundant.

I was merely asttempting to point out that it is not only the royals that pay minimum wage, in fact the cleaner mentioned here obviously does better than the parliament one

£600 for a small room in a shared house is more accurate, not including council tax and other bills.

That would be approximately 30-45 minute commute on the tube to the palace.

Zone 3+

You need to revise your figures because they're meaningless as they stand.

I suspect you might be exaggerating a little bit.

I was looking for a room in a shared house in Victoria (zone 1) in 2009 whilst working in zone 1 and it was £600 a month there.

A single bed flat in Pimlico (also zone 1, walking distance to the houses of parliament) was £900, several colleagues were renting these.

Looking on spareroom.co.uk there are some available for £90 pcw. More than I expected though.

Looking at zone 1 I can find several for £150 pcw and at least one for £500 pcm...

I think the whole London angle is irrelevant.

Does anyone have a calculation for the difference between someone earning minimum wage and someone on JSA?

Someone over 25 who is single, living alone in a one bedroom flat who has newly been made redundant.

Does anyone have a calculation for the difference between someone earning minimum wage and someone on JSA?

Someone over 25 who is single, living alone in a one bedroom flat who has newly been made redundant.

The London angle isn't irrelevant, they get double the Housing Benefit.

No, nobody really knows the full calculation, not even the people in that situation or half of those that assess the claims.

https://www.gov.uk/benefits-adviser - have fun, you'll need more details than that though & where they live determines the housing benefit rate. A one bed flat in central London is £255 pw in Housing Benefit.

The London angle isn't irrelevant, they get double the Housing Benefit.

No, nobody really knows the full calculation, not even the people in that situation or half of those that assess the claims.

https://www.gov.uk/benefits-adviser - have fun, you'll need more details than that though & where they live determines the housing benefit rate. A one bed flat in central London is £255 pw in Housing Benefit.

The thing is, if a working person on minimum wage is so close to the money received by someone on benefits outside of London, it will only be worse in London and so a moot point.

In SY about £40.

Archived