Godfrey 'Bongo' Bloom insults disabled student.

It was Bloom who highlighted his disability. Your job on here seems to be to lie on behalf of UKIP. Your attempts just make you look like you're unable to partake in any self-criticism just like all the other parties.

I didn't know of this student before now. Looking at him, I wouldn't assume a disability.

But because some people have gone jumping up and down shrieking about him having a disability, now the whole world knows. It's a bit like pointing at disabled people in the street and shouting LOOK! The bloke has had it splashed across a national media outlet the fact that he is disabled. They're probably very pleased with themselves, may he forever be known as the disabled student once featured in the paper, rather than the strong upstanding independent person he comes across as, then the shriekers have achieved their goal for the sake of attacking Bloom.

---------- Post added 27-01-2014 at 17:56 ----------

OK so can someone please explain this because I'm not sure what's offensive and what isn't any more. Who is Richard III and what was wrong with him and did the Bloom bloke say it because the bloke looked like him or because he was disabled?

He was once the King (ie holding the highest office in the land).

Whilst debating at the Oxford Union, Bloom asked student David Browne (who has a disability) “ Point of order, are you Richard III or not?”.

Does this clown's crass stupidity know no bounds?

Story here - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ukips-godfrey-bloom-mocks-disability-at-oxford-union-asks-student-david-browne-are-you-richard-iii-9087751.html

Oh boo hoo hoo! Did the nasty man say something you don't like?

Get over yourself and stop being such a cry-baby.

I didn't know of this student before now. Looking at him, I wouldn't assume a disability.

But because some people have gone jumping up and down shrieking about him having a disability, now the whole world knows. It's a bit like pointing at disabled people in the street and shouting LOOK! The bloke has had it splashed across a national media outlet the fact that he is disabled. They're probably very pleased with themselves, may he forever be known as the disabled student once featured in the paper, rather than the strong upstanding independent person he comes across as, then the shriekers have achieved their goal for the sake of attacking Bloom.

On the other hand you could just notice what the rest of us can see clearly; Godfrey Bloom is a total pillock.

On the other hand you could just notice what the rest of us can see clearly; Godfrey Bloom is a total pillock.

I agree he is a pillock, not least for interrupting with a joke that wasn't even funny, that doesn't mean I agree with people who have turned taking offence into a profession. The article says he had a drink with Bloom after, as usual the left taking more offence than the supposed victim.

I agree he is a pillock, not least for interrupting with a joke that wasn't even funny, that doesn't mean I agree with people who have turned taking offence into a profession. The article says he had a drink with Bloom after, as usual the left taking more offence than the supposed victim.

The article also says that Mr Browne was still unhappy with the remark.

So it seems that the (real, not supposed) victim took plenty of offence too.

Bloom really shouldn't be allowed out unsupervised.

---------- Post added 27-01-2014 at 17:56 ----------

He was once the King (ie holding the highest office in the land).

Really? It is quite obvious by the way the man moves that he is disbaled to some degree. You obviously aren't very observant, which is probably why you are defending this crass idiot from the "lefties".

The fact that an adult halted a speech from a young man to mock him in front of a room full of his peers is disgusting. I would expect that from a raucous student, not someone approaching pension age.

Archived