Godfrey 'Bongo' Bloom insults disabled student.

If Bloom took your advice maybe those attacking his crassness wouldn't have ammunition in the first place. Attacking rather than constructing seems to be his forte.

As for the haircut "sealing the deal" well that's a matter of opinion, your opinion and one that wouldn't hold up in any debate as it would be equally seen as crass.

No problem with people attacking his crassness. The problem is painting him as naziesque and implying that his support for UKIP makes the party, and anyone considering voting for it, the same. It is both lazy and untrue.

I pointing out that the lad in question does hold a resemblence to Richard III to make the point that Bloom was making a genuine (if crass) observation. He was simply trying to put the lad off during the debate (and failed) and I do not believe it was a slip that shows he secretly hates disable people. It has been jumped on for political mileage and is no different to the gutter level politics that the tabloids get accuse of.

---------- Post added 28-01-2014 at 11:22 ----------

Here's a picture of Richard II

Here's a picture of the lad in question

The resemblence is undeniable and it isn't because of a shared disability because none can be seen. It is the same features surrounded by the same crap haircut. The headline should therefore be "Bloom takes Micky out of crap haircut to try and win debate, fails and makes himself look crass (again)".

It has all been distorted tabloid style to try and make it into a story and has then been jumped on by people who think they can use it to smear UKIP. All very sad and I feel for the lad in question. Hopefully though some good will come of it and he'll go get a decent hair cut.

Is it possible for Le Maquis to go through a thread without lumping somebody into the same category as Hitler? Anybody Le Maquis does not like, is just like Hitler. End of argument.

Has it not occurred to you that I might have been seeing whether SevenRivers the human shark bites?

Nigel is trying to root out the nutters though. You know, the ones you're always quick to defend. That'll be some mammoth job.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/jan/28/nigel-farage-disowns-ukip-walter-mittys

Archived