Royal Overspending - Solutions?

While I respect the quality of your argument and articulation, like a lot of left wing arguments that are about the people, it seems hateful and lacking in empathy with most people.

Don't you think 92 was the high point of republicanism? You're not going to get another annus horriblis to exploit like that again. The two princes are the future and they clearly work for a living, inviting death in some cases.

Why is that royalists think that anyone who doesn't agree with them is left wing?

I have no time for any 'isms' and hold all political parties in equal contempt.

What I regard as hateful is a view that some people should be born into a position of privilege whilst others are denied a decent level of education. We are currently the eighth richest country in the world, so why is our state education system ranked nineteenth out of thirty three European countries?

Why is that royalists think that anyone who doesn't agree with them is left wing?

What I regard as hateful is a view that some people should be born into a position of privilege whilst others are denied a decent level of education. We are currently the eighth richest country in the world, so why is our state education system ranked nineteenth out of thirty three European countries?

Not sure what the Queen has to do with that...

Since I do not want a monarchy at all, that is a pointless question.

Is it because of the Royal family's background that you want the monarchy dissolved or because of their wealth ?

Would you hold these views if the monarchy were descended from trade unionists and connected to the Labour movement ?

If the monarchy were dissolved and there was an election for the newly created post of President which the present Queen won along with her family as part of the support team would you accept this scenario ?

He's not my leader..I didn't vote for him :) Those costs are just for running the White House.not the US Government I dread to think what the cost of that is.. I was just showing that a President isn't necessarily a cheap option..

It is if you take care as to how you set it up.

For instance, you don't allow the President to include all his relatives in getting their noses into the trough.

As is the current position with the royals' :)

Lefties shout the loudest on royalty. That's where the stereotype comes from. If you hate all parties and the royals you're not really in sync with the masses who vote and wave flags en masse. That's not a urine take, just a musing on your position on the society you wish to influence.

I wouldn't call their job a privilege, more a luxury cage. I wouldn't swap places with them.

Not sure what the Queen has to do with that...

If we took the money we waste on the Royals and put it into education you might be sure. :)

The presence of a monarchy encourages the class system which is detrimental to the welfare of the country.

An English public school education is comparable to the best in the world. An English state education is nowhere near.

If we took the money we waste on the Royals and put it into education you might be sure. :)

The presence of a monarchy encourages the class system which is detrimental to the welfare of the country.

An English public school education is comparable to the best in the world. An English state education is nowhere near.

Public school isn't restricted by class..more like who can pay..I know builders and electricians who's kids have gone to fee paying schools..would a presidency remove the class system ? Have paying schools disappeared in the States? Are there none in Ireland..?

Lefties shout the loudest on royalty. That's where the stereotype comes from. If you hate all parties and the royals you're not really in sync with the masses who vote and wave flags en masse. That's not a urine take, just a musing on your position on the society you wish to influence.

I wouldn't call their job a privilege, more a luxury cage. I wouldn't swap places with them.

Maybe I have given it a bit more thought than 'the masses'?

As to my political viewpoint I believe with a few honourable exceptions most politicians are selfserving opportunists few of whom have ever worked in a proper job and are more interested in their next expenses scam than their constituents.

Given the voting system in this country there is no possibility of me 'wishing to influence' anything. Pointless exercise.

As to you swapping with the royals, as I said earlier don't worry about it, you wont get the chance. :)

Utter twaddle. Whilst the public school system practically guaranteed you a place at university it doesn't guarantee you a top degree. Ill dig out the article.top of the educational food chain are the south Koreans - their kids do something like a 14 hour school day 6 days a week. They'll probably be able to rattle off our entire list of kings and queens in several languages.

Not really, black people have only lived in the UK in substantial numbers since 1948. Do you think Zulus in South Africa wring their hands about no white person ever being their king or equivalent?

I don't know/care. How other countries are run has no bearing on what is good for this country.

Archived