Royal Overspending - Solutions?

Plus, it would be perfectly possible to make a video from the opposite perspective demonstrating that the Royal Family is and always has been a parasitic drain on the UK economy.

How? That's not possible given that I've just shown you that even before you take into account tourism, the royal family generate huge profits for the Government because they turn over profit from their land to the UK.

Get rid of the royal family and your taxes will go up, this is measurable and true, and no amount of trying to convince yourself otherwise will make it true.

The Queen could spend a whole bunch of money more and wouldn't come close to the amount of money she provides to UK PLC.

Watch this video, educate yourself, and stop being an ignorant fool.

The Queen and royalty provide no money to UK PLC, the Crown does. That income comes from the lands that were originally stolen from us commoners, and the properties stolen in the name of whoever ruled at that time.

Charles owns by royal charter most of Cornwall, which again was stolen from the people and he also keeps the profits.

PS Money from tourism will be generated whether royalty is around or not as tourists come for the history, false pageantry (invented by Victoria), and to see the buildings.

So, who is being ignorant?

It seems the Queen and her household are being profligate with the money we give them and need to rein it in a bit.

OK, suggestions. HRHs move out and live in a normal house. (Somewhere in the country would be OK, as long as it wasn't near me). Buck House to be given to the National Trust and thrown open (all of it) most days except for up to 20 per year when it's needed for state events. They could even rent bits out as holiday accommodation to rich people and charge them a fortune. Or use it to house Syrian refugees.

Staff to be redeployed tilling the land, wine stocks and other consumables to be sold off, money returned to public purse.

Oh, and the corgis to be put on a performance-related feeding programme.

I don't think so sorry, the 2012 celebrations showed the views of the majority.

I can't see in the link where it says how much you earn the UK.

Have you looked at the youtube link that's been put up, or is the pursuit of knowledge beyond you ?

If you used a bit of logic you would realize that if 'yanks' are fetching in 700 million to come and see them you don't worry about how much they cost, its like chopping off the head of the goose that lays the golden egg.

They are like the main actors in a west end musical, the people come to see them act and so what if the main actor costs a bit, its what is taken on the door what matters.

If you used a bit of logic you would realize that if 'yanks' are fetching in 700 million to come and see them you don't worry about how much they cost,

But the yanks, as you put it, don't come here to see royalty except in exceptional and not very common circumstances.

That income comes from the lands that were originally stolen from us commoners

WTF? You're resorting to talking nonsense now?

If the land they own is stolen then the land your house on is stolen.

I mean that really is a stupid argument.

As I say, whatever stupid, made up, nonsense argument you make isn't going to change the truth. The Royal family profit the UK before tourism and if they ceased to exist your taxes would go up (That's if you've even got a job).

WTF? You're resorting to talking nonsense now?

If the land they own is stolen then the land your house on is stolen.

I mean that really is a stupid argument.

As I say, whatever stupid, made up, nonsense arguments you make isn't going to change the truth. The Royal family profit the UK before tourism and if they ceased to exist your taxes would go up (That's if you've even got a job).

For information, the land your house is on is in fact owned by royalty so yes its stolen.

Now, explain how if royalty ceased to exist my taxes would go up? I have already previously stated that royal tourism is not about royalty but history so removing them would make little difference.

France removed royalty and yet still make vast coin on royal tourism, so you premise is false.

Archived