Royal Overspending - Solutions?

It all depends what you mean by reward, I don't think they're are many of us who would wish to swap places with them.

So what?! How is that an argument for their existence? There are lots of rich, privileged people with whom I wouldn't want to swap places - it doesn't mean that justifies their status, behaviour or dependence/parasitism.

By the same token there are lots of people with whom most of us would not wish to swap places (e.g. sewer cleaners) who enjoy nothing like the wealth and privilege she has.

They shouldn't of course, that would be ridiculous and unfair wouldn't it? So please answer me this, why should they be rewarded for what their ancestors did?

Want it both ways you royalists don't you?

i'm not pro or anti the monarchy - i couldn't care less either way, but are you really saying that no-one should be allowed to benefit from what their ancestors did? or is it just the rich and powerful who shouldn't?

It all depends what you mean by reward, I don't think they're are many of us who would wish to swap places with them.

Don't worry about that, you won't be offered the opportunity. :)

---------- Post added 29-01-2014 at 10:47 ----------

According to this we're the 8th and Austria is 35th... so we have a monarchy and are considerably richer than Austria.

http://www.aneki.com/richest.html?number=50

Population of the UK 64,234,000. Population of Austria 8,477,000. Yes it's definitely the monarchy what makes the difference. :D

Don't worry about that, you won't be offered the opportunity. :)

---------- Post added 29-01-2014 at 10:47 ----------

Population of the UK 64,234,000. Population of Austria 8,477,000. Yes it's definitely the monarchy what makes the difference. :D

Didn't say it was... you seem to think it makes none... In Europe the richest per capita country is Luxembourg..they have a constitutional monarchy..like us...so does that mean that having a monarchy is good..? Using your measure of things it must do.. :) Your turn :D

i'm not pro or anti the monarchy - i couldn't care less either way, but are you really saying that no-one should be allowed to benefit from what their ancestors did? or is it just the rich and powerful who shouldn't?

Their wealth does not matter in any way, why should it? Unearned it may be but it doesn't effect me so good luck to them. What I object to is the unearned privilege, that does effect me, and you ,and should be removed.

On another current thread on the same subject I made the point that in this country the Armed forces, Police force, Judiciary and Politicians are all funded by the taxpayer, despite which they all swear allegiance to the Crown. The Crown is also funded by the taxpayer.

All of these institutions should swear allegiance to the Country which they draw their living from,and which they should be serving.

---------- Post added 29-01-2014 at 11:09 ----------

Didn't say it was... you seem to think it makes none... In Europe the richest per capita country is Luxembourg..they have a constitutional monarchy..like us...so does that mean that having a monarchy is good..? Using your measure of things it must do.. :) Your turn :D

Read the above post from me. Get it? Your turn. :D

Their wealth does not matter in any way, why should it? Unearned it may be but it doesn't effect me so good luck to them. What I object to is the unearned privilege, that does effect me, and you ,and should be removed.

On another current thread on the same subject I made the point that in this country the Armed forces, Police force, Judiciary and Politicians are all funded by the taxpayer, despite which they all swear allegiance to the Crown. The Crown is also funded by the taxpayer.

All of these institutions should swear allegiance to the Country which they draw their living from,and which they should be serving.

---------- Post added 29-01-2014 at 11:09 ----------

Read the above post from me. Get it? Your turn. :D

I'm not sure what your point is...could you elaborate a bit..? Ta..

i'm not trying to be deliberately stupid - it just comes naturally, but how does the privilege they receive affect you?

i don't see how it affects me in any way that matters to me, but if you could enlighten me you may win a convert to your cause

I'm not sure what your point is...could you elaborate a bit..? Ta..

It's quite simple. The institution of monarchy is outdated, anachronistic and divisive and should be abolished.

The idea in this day and age that some people are somehow intrinsically 'Better' than others simply because they were born into a particular family is ridiculous.

No matter how royalists try to spin it, that is the essence of royalty.

That is my solution Royal Overspending. :)

Archived