Which Car Should I Choose?

One thing about the first car you mention, with no history or old MOTs, you have to ignore the mileage, and assume it's a lot higher than stated. And with the second, if the seller hasn't mentioned the obvious faults, then what else has he found and not mentioned?

I'd not bother with either of them.

So people keep telling us! But we can't find any! Not orange ones anyway. He's come down from £2295 to £2150.

Have you done a wider search? What areas are you currently looking in?

I'd also not bother with either. Never buy a car with no history unless its dirt cheap and you don't care. I can't speak for service intervals on the Seat but around that age you'd expect cambelt and clutch to need doing, not cheap. They might have been done, who knows. You can drive a car until the clutch starts to go but the cambelt and water pump - I certainly wouldn't chance it.

and never buy anything with water leaks. You don't know how serious the leak is and how long its gone on for.

Well the orange one has been sold!!

Which leaves the red one with no service history. Personally, I wouldn't buy a car without it. My boyfriend has had a good look at it and he says it looks like it's had some of the things done that would be done on a service (I can't remember exactly what he said, I'm fed up of talking about cars now so my brain shuts off!!) So for all we know, it might have been serviced regularly. It also might not have been but that's a risk he'd have to take.

We have looked further afield but the problem is getting to view them! We now only have my car and on the days my boyfriend is off work, he either has his young son or I need the car myself for work.

I wouldn't touch either car, both sound bad news.

The first one needs a service a cambelt (probs aux belt too) on it and tax, you'll be over £2500 into that car within 6 months of ownership.

I don't like the sound of the second one at all, loads of little niggly problems and wet carpets???

Sure it's just a window seal - well it is until the heater matrix pops and it turns out it wasn't a quick fix like the dealer said it would be.

I wouldn't waste a second of my time with a dealer that thinks it's acceptable to sell a car with a sodden interior.

The heater matrix is leaking on the last one, personally I would would walk away from both of those cars,

it's not the matrix its the rubber seals on the front doors are poor

it;s a common fault :thumbsup:

ps Angel show him this

my son had the cupra R leon 225 bhp and sold it due to poor mpg only got 23-25mpg round town and road tax £280 year

he;s now gone back to a diesel golf mk5 35mpg upwards £120 tax for year

its a no brainer

Archived