Going grey! Do you just let it happen?

I started going grey when I was 16 (runs in the family) - dyed my hair for years, then the last time I had it done in a hairdresser's salon, was charged £86!! Since it grows quickly I needed it done every five weeks and I just thought that's too much, started doing it myself at home, got fed up with all the mess and never as good as done by a professional, found a mobile hairdresser on here who's brilliant (PM me and I'll find her details) and charges £25, but I still then decided three years ago to have the colour stripped out and go natural. Stripping the colour out does dry your hair out, but Lush have some good stuff to recondition it and, strangely, I'm now blonde, not grey! You don't know what's under all those years of colouring until you strip it out!

I started going grey when I was 16 (runs in the family) - dyed my hair for years, then the last time I had it done in a hairdresser's salon, was charged £86!! Since it grows quickly I needed it done every five weeks and I just thought that's too much, started doing it myself at home, got fed up with all the mess and never as good as done by a professional, found a mobile hairdresser on here who's brilliant (PM me and I'll find her details) and charges £25, but I still then decided three years ago to have the colour stripped out and go natural. Stripping the colour out does dry your hair out, but Lush have some good stuff to recondition it and, strangely, I'm now blonde, not grey! You don't know what's under all those years of colouring until you strip it out!

I find Grecian works well and £8 worth or so will last a long time. I was very surprised at first when I started going into how the stuff works. First of all there is male and female Grecian and I never did find out what is different about male and female hair, but then I wondered how a clear liquid works. Well as I understand it, it's not dye. It soaks into each individual hair follicle and alters the pigment of each hair and each hair changes coulor from the inside to the outside, obviously for the whole length so there is no grey gap as it grows.

Archived