Why do some people hate jews?

WeX

Why do people have such a problem with jews?
For the same reason they have a problem with any other race, nationality, religious conviction <insert other differentiating characteristic here>: because they have feeble minds and are easily led.

Apart from religious zealots teaching their kids hate there are material reasons. Jews are usually successful and prosperous. The Jews who arrived in the slum areas of east London are now all living in leafy suburbs. It's the same in the USA, 'Once Upon a Time in America' covers their humble beginnings in New York in detail. Look at their position in New York now.

Again, take Israel, a prosperous democracy surrounded by undemocratic basket cases that had thousands of years head start. Jews know the meaning of community and teamwork. This upsets the less successful and the lazy who'd rather see themselves as victims. They project their self loathing and insecurities onto Jews.

For the same reason they have a problem with any other race, nationality, religious conviction <insert other differentiating characteristic here>: because they have feeble minds and are easily led.

Yes but what reason(s).

---------- Post added 30-01-2014 at 10:05 ----------

Apart from religious zealots teaching their kids hate there are material reasons. Jews are usually successful and prosperous. The Jews who arrived in the slum areas of east London are now all living in leafy suburbs. It's the same in the USA, 'Once Upon a Time in America' covers their humble beginnings in New York in detail. Look at their position in New York now.

Again, take Israel, a prosperous democracy surrounded by undemocratic basket cases that had thousands of years head start. Jews know the meaning of community and teamwork. This upsets the less successful and the lazy who'd rather see themselves as victims. They project their self loathing and insecurities onto Jews.

I can see your meaning in places like the middle east but in why is there such hatred across Europe? This happened in France recently: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/176876#.Uuneq2SwJpY

---------- Post added 30-01-2014 at 10:08 ----------

I "see" some of the reasons why other groups are hated. In most cases they are nothing more than negative stereotypes or over exaggerations of traits, but I cant see any real negative traits that can be solely attributed to the Jewish community.

In Europe the Jews were seen as the betrayer of Christ by those who believed in the bible. That's faded but suspicion of the outsiders remains. It's tragically ironic that the latest wave of anti semitism is led or stoked by a black man. It seems some racism is OK in his eyes.

In Europe the Jews were seen as the betrayer of Christ by those who believed in the bible. That's faded but suspicion of the outsiders remains. It's tragically ironic that the latest wave of anti semitism is led or stoked by a black man. It seems some racism is OK in his eyes.

Though he claims he wasn't being racist or antisemitic.

I'm sceptical.

I remember reading some diaries from the Mass Observation project, featuring Sheffield people.

I was utterly shocked to read how many of the writers loathed the Jewish people. And this was during and just after WW2, when it was known how dreadfully they had suffered.

I will never understand it.

I remember reading some diaries from the Mass Observation project, featuring Sheffield people.

I was utterly shocked to read how many of the writers loathed the Jewish people. And this was during and just after WW2, when it was known how dreadfully they had suffered.

I will never understand it.

Some people are just thick and ignorant.

Archived