Sheffield Wednesday v Man united 1960s

topten

Wednesday beat Man United 5-4 after going in at half time trailing by 2 goals, I think it was 4-2. The wonderful George Best was playing and scored,what I would like to know is the crowd size on that day please.:help::help:

I was at this match I do not know what year it was but I'd be about 12 1968 and stood on the kop with my friend mick just behind the goal he was a Wednesday fan I'm a blade but my mum would let me go with him and his dad it was very hot and I fainted and watched the second half sat with the St Johns Ambulance men.

I was at this match I do not know what year it was but I'd be about 12 1968 and stood on the kop with my friend mick just behind the goal he was a Wednesday fan I'm a blade but my mum would let me go with him and his dad it was very hot and I fainted and watched the second half sat with the St Johns Ambulance men.

I too was roughly in the same spot I was a season ticket holder at the time

Ive got the dail mirror match report,i was in the north stand,surrounded by reds fans :)

We also had a goal dissallowed (harshly too) Don megson scored.

Three days later we lost at 4th division Exeter in the league cup 3-1,and Ritchie injured his knee and was absent for about 3 months,his deputy,Alan warboys didnt manage a single goal in 18 games :hihi::hihi: Ritchie returned against stoke (his old club) and scored the winner in a 2-1 victory.

The following season,united beat us 3-1,Best swapped wings after wilf smith shut him out in the 1st half,kenny burton had a nightmare and best ran riot and scored both goals!

Archived