Sheffield Wednesday v Man united 1960s

topten

Anyone remember what year loads of man u fans were on kop and was a bit of bother was a few Wednesday fans who got surrounded and pic was in paper

Sounds like the riot match in 1974 finished 4-4 if I remember correct and there was some fisticuffs.

Anyone remember what year loads of man u fans were on kop and was a bit of bother was a few Wednesday fans who got surrounded and pic was in paper

December 1974,i was originaly on the kop in the corner close to the south stand,but got re-located to the north stand midway through the 1st half.

Just like the game in 1968,this was pretty memorable and we put in a sterling performance,but we ended up holding on for a 4-4 draw,both sides by then were in the 2nd division,but going in totally opposite directions :hihi:

December 1974,i was originaly on the kop in the corner close to the south stand,but got re-located to the north stand midway through the 1st half.

Just like the game in 1968,this was pretty memorable and we put in a sterling performance,but we ended up holding on for a 4-4 draw,both sides by then were in the 2nd division,but going in totally opposite directions :hihi:

York city and man utd in the same league:confused:And us of course.

York city and man utd in the same league:confused:And us of course.

After eric potts scored the suprise winner at Southampton in late december,we scored just a further 2 goals from january onwards and never won another match with our last home win bieng in november the previous year against Fulham and yet remarkable as it sounds,in the fa cup 3rd round away to chelsea,we lead 2-0 with ten minutes to go,but let in 3 in the final 10 mins in what was a horrendous season.

After eric potts scored the suprise winner at Southampton in late december,we scored just a further 2 goals from january onwards and never won another match with our last home win bieng in november the previous year against Fulham and yet remarkable as it sounds,in the fa cup 3rd round away to chelsea,we lead 2-0 with ten minutes to go,but let in 3 in the final 10 mins in what was a horrendous season.

But look how far we have come in those forty years:mad:

I went to every home game the season we beat Man U 5-4, mostly with a mate who was a Barnsley fan but who also enjoyed watching Div 1 football at Hillsborough. Presumably, Barnsley were away when Wednesday were at home that season, and he kept asking me all year to go with him to a Reds game. Eventually I gave in, and went with him to Millmoor to watch Roth v Barnsley on the day of the Man U game which ended up 0-0! What a mistake!

Anyone remember the FA Cup match in Feb 1961 ? ....Following a draw at Hillsborough ...The Owls were expected to lose the replay but the score was Man Utd 2 - The Owls 7 :thumbsup:

Wonder how many away teams have put 7 past Man Utd :hihi:

Anyone remember the FA Cup match in Feb 1961 ? ....Following a draw at Hillsborough ...The Owls were expected to lose the replay but the score was Man Utd 2 - The Owls 7 :thumbsup:

Wonder how many away teams have put 7 past Man Utd :hihi:

Vaguely remember it, probably from my Dad telling me about it year after year. I think we only had 3 scorers that day, Finney, Fantham and Layne, but I might be wrong. One scored 3 and the other two scored 2.

Archived