Direction Indicators

If you do as you were taught and keep your distance, then you shouldn't experience a problem.

I thought that too. Most times the driver ahead appears to dither or seems very unsure about where he/she is. Pick up these clues, back off and deal with the probability of late braking or indication.

I guess those that criticise such activity always have somewhere more important to go and have never been unsure of a turn.

I get annoyed by motorway drivers who signal and pull out at the same time often just as you are about to overtake them. They think signalling gives them the right to pull out just in front of you.

As said above - mirror, signal then manoeuvre. I wouldn't dream of pulling out in front of another car.

What ever rocks yer boat dude :o

Not just other cars. Pedestrians may need to know what a vehicle is intending to do as well.

This. Most drivers don't seem to realise that when pedestrians are crossing roads, especially at junctions, we need to be told what you're doing as well.

Archived