Europe accuses UK of paying illegally-low benefits

Why does Thatcher copying it from Mitterand make it OK?

She knew right from wrong didn't she? She ought to have been above such deception. Believe it or not, some people appreciate honesty in their politicians, and don't think it should be too much to ask.

The very reason that are are very few if any honest politicians, is because honesty doesn't pay when it comes to politic, they tend not to win when they tell the truth.

It doesn't only happen in government. I'm one of those who produces summary numbers for various organisations. I've sometimes seen the situation where, when the numbers show that the target hasn't been reached, the solution is to change the way the numbers are calculated.

That's yer target culture for ya!

It doesn't only happen in government. I'm one of those who produces summary numbers for various organisations. I've sometimes seen the situation where, when the numbers show that the target hasn't been reached, the solution is to change the way the numbers are calculated.

That's yer target culture for ya!

True, statistics can be manipulated to read how the people producing the stats want them to read

Mitterand didn't become president till 1981. So not so definitely.
Did my post say that Mitterand came up with it? Or that he was elected before 1981? It was d'Estaing who was first fileted by the Canard Enchaine over it, in the late 70s.

I give up on trying to lighten up the mood.

You political bores are far too up your own ar5e5, so have all the fun you can have, and have a good one :thumbsup:

The people I know who are in receipt of benefits agree that they dont get a great deal in monetary terms, hence quite a few of them have managed to get small P/T jobs that dont interfere too much with their payments. All legal and above board, and they seem to get that little bit extra in their pockets for doing so.

Its a pity that all able bodied claimants dont do the same, and stop blaming poverty on how low benefits are, after all the benefits system wasnt designed to be a long term solution or way of life that it seems to have become.

---------- Post added 02-02-2014 at 00:25 ----------

I wish the EU would shut up and mind its own business.

UKIP will help you with that.

The people I know who are in receipt of benefits agree that they dont get a great deal in monetary terms, hence quite a few of them have managed to get small P/T jobs that dont interfere too much with their payments. All legal and above board, and they seem to get that little bit extra in their pockets for doing so.

Its a pity that all able bodied claimants dont do the same, and stop blaming poverty on how low benefits are, after all the benefits system wasnt designed to be a long term solution or way of life that it seems to have become.

---------- Post added 02-02-2014 at 00:25 ----------

UKIP will help you with that.

Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink. Say no more.

Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink. Say no more.

Yes, you may be right. Or wrong.....hard to tell. Best to let nature take its course and carry the baton to where it belongs. It will be a strange day on SF, what with so many posters missing/at work/better things to do etc.:roll::roll:

Archived