I don't think this is weird

I sing and talk to my dog all the time. I don't know how much she can hear because she's elderly and her hearing isn't what it used to be, but it's a habit, so I still do it. She's the only one who doesn't tell me I can't carry a tune in a bucket.

I also used to sing and talk to my children before they could talk. If I'd known then what I know now, I would have enjoyed their non verbal state a little more. :hihi:

I also used to sing and talk to my children before they could talk. If I'd known then what I know now, I would have enjoyed their non verbal state a little more. :hihi:

How true that is. You spend ages encouraging them to produce their first word and it invariably turns out to be 'No!'. The it all goes downhill from there.

---------- Post added 31-01-2014 at 22:31 ----------

Yes it is weird. But the world is full of weird people.

An old man in my husband's home village carried his dead wife's shoe round in his pocket every day from the day of her death until his own, 24 years later. He also had a telescope in his garden, trained (through a hole in the hedge) on her grave, in case the weather proved too inclement for him to walk up the steep hill to the churchyard.

Untypical...but not weird.

I used to work with a woman who rushed home every lunchtime to feed her tortoise jam sandwiches to her tortoise . Now that is weird. She also collapsed, unconscious, when it was announced on the radio that Elvis had died.

She was something of a high-maintenance co-worker.

How true that is. You spend ages encouraging them to produce their first word and it invariably turns out to be 'No!'. The it all goes downhill from there.

I used to work with a woman who rushed home every lunchtime to feed her tortoise jam sandwiches to her tortoise . Now that is weird. She also collapsed, unconscious, when it was announced on the radio that Elvis had died.

Amen. You're lucky if all they say is "no." :hihi:

Once, the husband and I were sitting talking to our banker. A co-worker came by and asked her if she wanted to go to lunch. She politely declined as she needed to go home at lunch to "let the girls out." It sounded like she was talking about her kids.

At one point she got up and my husband leaned over and whispered, "please tell me she doesn't have her children locked in a cage!"

I finally worked up the nerve to ask about "the girls", and she proudly showed us a picture on her desk of two enormous, great pyrenees dogs! We're also dog people so we all had a laugh over it. She had us going for a minute there. :hihi:

I'd be surprised if the tortoise hadn't collapsed unconscious after a diet of jam sandwiches.

Archived