Muslim gender segregation stirs UK debate

Which Muslim laws are Muslims demanding? :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 31-01-2014 at 13:10 ----------

Which laws are Muslims demanding?

Fake Sharia courts have been established, there are already demands for them to be recognised as official. Only by fanatics but today's fanatic is the next decade's moderate.

Audience gender segregation has been achieved in some places, unofficial now but as above.

A judge has ruled it's OK for a woman to sit in court in a veil while not giving evidence. The precedent has been set and no others are permitted to sit through proceedings in crash helmets, ski masks etc.

There have been demands for alcohol to be kept off the streets in certain areas. Again, fanatics but since Choudhary is often doing the rounds on TV and radio how long before the handwringers like Clegg, Chakribati and co use their enormous yet unearned influence to make such nonsense official?

No, I don't believe in some big Islamic conspiracy, though clearly Choudhary types want this, but it makes no difference if pressure is being applied at the fringe. A judge has already buckled.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2014/01/muslim-gender-segregation-stirs-uk-debate-2014130111242593264.html

Does this mean it would be ok for a Christian woman to go to a Muslim country, dress in a bikini, and attend a male only religious school, and go to a Mosque? Or is it only Muslims that can go to other countries and demand Muslim laws,

Anyone can go to any country and demand whatever they want. Doesn't mean they will get it...

Fake Sharia courts have been established, there are already demands for them to be recognised as official. Only by fanatics but today's fanatic is the next decade's moderate.

Audience gender segregation has been achieved in some places, unofficial now but as above.

A judge has ruled it's OK for a woman to sit in court in a veil while not giving evidence. The precedent has been set and no others are permitted to sit through proceedings in crash helmets, ski masks etc.

There have been demands for alcohol to be kept off the streets in certain areas. Again, fanatics but since Choudhary is often doing the rounds on TV and radio how long before the handwringers like Clegg, Chakribati and co use their enormous yet unearned influence to make such nonsense official?

No, I don't believe in some big Islamic conspiracy, though clearly Choudhary types want this, but it makes no difference if pressure is being applied at the fringe. A judge has already buckled.

I members of the Jewish faith have their own courts, but this tends not to attract the same level of interest / opprobrium

I members of the Jewish faith have their own courts, but this tends not to attract the same level of interest / opprobrium

They are taking the urine too, however I'm not sure they advise victims of domestic violence to keep away from the police.

I don't think Muslims are any worse than any other religion when it comes to demanding concessions for their religion. We should have a pure secular culture where religious rights don't get put on a pedestal above any other rights.

I don't think Muslims are any worse than any other religion when it comes to demanding concessions for their religion. We should have a pure secular culture where religious rights don't get put on a pedestal above any other rights.

I agree and would like to believe you re Muslims. I don't think they're hell bent on turning us into Saudi with rain. However, I don't see many Sikh, Hindu and despite what Mister M said, Jewish demands. Certainly not angry mobs in the streets waving placards, gay free zone stickers and threats to people drinking booze and people selling it. I tell myself its just nutters but take a look at Tower Hamlets council, speakers invited to mosques such as the East London mosque and what they 'request' and comments like "we live among kaffirs, we pick up their habits".

Did anyone see Andrew Neil grilling a representative of the Muslim Council of Britain recently? He put all those questions to the smartly suited moderate who just stammered and avoided answering. It's to supposedly sensible men like him that the public expect reassurance.

I don't think any of us would get far walking around with our faces covered either, but some are allowed to. How many times now has a burka been used in crime?

Archived