Muslim gender segregation stirs UK debate

:confused: what?

---------- Post added 02-02-2014 at 17:53 ----------

How do they protect our interests by fighting in Afghanistan?

they are soldiers and they do what they are commanded to do. if you took the time to read what I posted it is a generalisation and doesn't point to any place, conflict or warzone, if you insist on being anal about it , I would be interested in any information you may have as to what they are actually doing there? if indeed you have any!!!

they are soldiers and they do what they are commanded to do. if you took the time to read what I posted it is a generalisation and doesn't point to any place, conflict or warzone, if you insist on being anal about it , I would be interested in any information you may have as to what they are actually doing there? if indeed you have any!!!

You said that they serve us and protect our interests. When the latter isn't true. Example? The current war in Afghanistan is not in our interest.

The war is Afghanistan is thought by many to be not in our interest. They have little oil and pose no realistic military threat so there seems no point to our being there. Unless of course it is our intention to exploit the country's natural resources.

In 2010, US and Afghan government officials estimated that untapped mineral deposits located in 2007 by the US Geological Survey are worth between $900 bn and $3 trillion

Maybe we are after these or wish to profit from their production. Coal, copper, iron ore, lithium, uranium, rare earth elements, chromite, gold, zinc, talc, barites, sulfur, lead, marble, precious and semi-precious stones, natural gas and petrol.

After all we must be there for a reason other than to spend money on arms and military equipment

You said that they serve us and protect our interests. When the latter isn't true. Example? The current war in Afghanistan is not in our interest.

He can't help being anal. He doesn't understand that Afghanistan was a training camp for terrorism.

Just humour him.

He can't help being anal. He doesn't understand that Afghanistan was a training camp for terrorism.

Just humour him.

Yeah because since we invaded Afghanistan there's been no more terrorism. Has there. Also if were going to invade every country that is a terrorist hot bed why arn't we in Yemen, Somalia, Pakistan and Dagestan.

Plain Talker

you said and I quote

That's like saying "look at the Philpott case where those low-lives burnt six of their kids to death. That's what you get when you shrug at white scum..."

Regardless of whatever colour your skin or what race you are use of the term ...white scum... is a racist comment and is its use is against the law.

I'm glad someone else has picked up on this, I thought it was just me that thought the reference to 'white scum' was a bit iffy.

I'm glad someone else has picked up on this, I thought it was just me that thought the reference to 'white scum' was a bit iffy.

I have seen the term our own white scum used on this forum before, why is a big issue being made of it now when plain talker has used it?

As I read it Plain talker didn't use it in a racist context.

I have seen the term our own white scum used on this forum before, why is a big issue being made of it now when plain talker has used it?

As I read it Plain talker didn't use it in a racist context.

Their just looking for something to be "offended" about the term white scum doesn't bother me at all.

Archived