Do the Police have a "Duty of care" written into thier contracts of em

POLSKI

Polski, you really do typify modern society - someone needs help, I'll call someone to do my civic duty for me. Why should I get my hands dirty? Thankfully you worked out that the tolerant thing to do was to help the lad.

The thing that puzzles me is that no-one has thought this might have been a medical emergency. Just another chance to kick the police. Maybe you should volunteer and become a special - find out what it's really like. But then again it doesn't sound like you have the instinct for it.

One final though, what do you think the cops were doing at 7am on a Saturday? Maybe dealing with the high volume of crap left over from the night before ....

Polski, you really do typify modern society - someone needs help, I'll call someone to do my civic duty for me. Why should I get my hands dirty? Thankfully you worked out that the tolerant thing to do was to help the lad.

1: I'd already worked that one out, hence that is why I stopped. Son, I dont mind getting my hands dirty, but doing civic duty, how many times are we told by the likes of you, to leave these situations to the emergency services. Had I done that the lad might be pushing up daisies by now.

The thing that puzzles me is that no-one has thought this might have been a medical emergency. Just another chance to kick the police. Maybe you should volunteer and become a special - find out what it's really like. But then again it doesn't sound like you have the instinct for it.

2: Why would I want to kick the Police, most of the time they do a good job. At the time of phoning the police the lad was still a couple of hundred yards behind where I pulled over.Hence the reason for my urgency and my possible lack of patience with a, "it's procedure", incident controller.

What about you joining the Specials, you seem qualified as it is with your crass comments.

One final though, what do you think the cops were doing at 7am on a Saturday? Maybe dealing with the high volume of crap left over from the night before ....

3: No the crap (as you call it ) is normally left for street cleaners. At 7.00am on a Saturday morning I would expect the majority of the "crap" had been dealt with.

3: No the crap (as you call it ) is normally left for street cleaners. At 7.00am on a Saturday morning I would expect the majority of the "crap" had been dealt with.

You're having a laugh aren't you? What about the ones that haven't sobered up enough to have been dealt with? And like I said before, good on you, but to expect an immediate response to something that wasn't an emergency is ridiculous. Response times to emergencies is about 10 mins. This lad was safe in your car, and had you given the call handler a chance, the response would have been dispatched whist you were still on the phone.

It'd be rude to expect the police to do their job at that time in a morning :rolleyes:

Thing is, given the chance, they would have done. From what I can gather the OP only waited a few mins for what wasn't an emergency. I'm pretty sure that had it been an emergency then they would have been there within the 10 min guide line.

What about if the reason they ask for your contact details is incase you are one of the good natured citizens who will ring the police to report things, but not stop to help? And if this was the case they need your details in case the lad did get skittled as you would be a witness to it all...

Not many people know but it is technically illegal to walk/cycle on the parkway...

What about if the reason they ask for your contact details is incase you are one of the good natured citizens who will ring the police to report things, but not stop to help? And if this was the case they need your details in case the lad did get skittled as you would be a witness to it all...

Not many people know but it is technically illegal to walk/cycle on the parkway...

No technically about it. It's signposted as prohibited.

• 1 month later...

Archived