Has Hendersons Relish changed?

Bald Eagle

Henderson's Relish has been our family staple for many a year. Love It!

I learned to read from that orange label and could only wonder at the exotic mysteries of Cayenne Pepper, Tamarinds, Garlic, Cloves etc. Giving extra flavor to something called casseroles. ?? We had stews.

It may have changed over the years, what hasn't? But if change has enabled survival of the product together with compliance of food and labeling standards then so be it.

Henderson's Relish if foul muck. I think you have to be brought up with it to appreciate it and it says it all that it's never found a market outside of the Sheffield region, whilst the Worcestershire stuff has a worldwide market.

It just tastes like vinegary caramel to me, which is what it is.

After reading this I bought a bottle of Lea and Perrins this weekend and have to agree that it's much tastier than Hendersons.

ive not been back to sheff this year due to finances and so ran low of hendies :( had a slight dribble left, missus asked if i wanted vegetable crumble one evening and said yes with trepedation since i knew there wasnt much left and its the perfect food for it, in fact i cant eat it without lol

anyway a workmate buys it and told me a shop in redcar sell it, so today off i toddle to redcar, its 4 buses for me, 2 there, 2 back but i gots mi black gold :)

3 bottles, 1 for home, 1 for work and a spare lol

thought it was cheap too £1.49 a bottle, sure ive paid loads more in sheff

ive not been back to sheff this year due to finances and so ran low of hendies :( had a slight dribble left, missus asked if i wanted vegetable crumble one evening and said yes with trepedation since i knew there wasnt much left and its the perfect food for it, in fact i cant eat it without lol

anyway a workmate buys it and told me a shop in redcar sell it, so today off i toddle to redcar, its 4 buses for me, 2 there, 2 back but i gots mi black gold :)

3 bottles, 1 for home, 1 for work and a spare lol

thought it was cheap too £1.49 a bottle, sure ive paid loads more in sheff

Bought a bottle in Northallerton " Lewis and Coopers " off the shelf .

A store of renown and so you don't look at the price . It is a shop of esteem , which says all . " They only sell quality ".