EBay - Recommendations Needed.

I'd like to bid on an item on eBay. The item is located in Oxford and is listed as "Collection Only".

Can anyone please recommend a way that I might be able to get the item from Oxford to Sheffield?

I don't know how much to bid because I have to take into account the cost of transportation.

The item is heavy and is made from glass, if that helps.

Please help :help:

Michael

Before you bid contact the seller, ask if it would be possible to pack it for a courier and let you know the weight and dimensions.

If this is possible you can then arrange a courier.

Most list as collection only because they don't want the hassle of doing this though.

Other than that it mean you will have to make the trip or forget it.

Last year I sold a very heavy microwave to a restaurant in Birmingham and he arranged a local courier, a nice young man who had a small van who made regular trips through Birmingham, unfortunately I can't find his card! seem to remember it was something like £19/20.

Try these..wait a while though as the price will reduce over time..

Couriers on the whole won't entertain Glass unless you're willing to accept FULL responsibility.

As an addition I would bet the seller wants cash on collection to avoid any paypal refunds should the item get broke once it's left his hands. As advised, contact buyer before even contemplating bidding.

Thanks for the ideas. I should probably contact the seller first. Never thought of checking it was ok with them :/

Thanks for the tips :D

Make sure you do, because when those of us selling things marked collection only are asked by the winning bidder if we can sort a courier out for them we tend to get annoyed ;) That's definitely never happened to me before, honest.

Archived