How long has Cameron got?

N

I disagree with this part of your comments as I remember years ago when studying political science that elections are not won by who goes to the ballet box, its by those that do not.

If Labour can invigorate their support this is only half of the battle, they need to demoralise the Tory support in order to win and this aspect is not what is happening right now.

which is what i meant when i said that labour need to convince their traditional supporters - they need to "get the vote out" as they used to say

i'm not sure labour need to demoralise conservative support, but they do need conservative support to weaken a touch - which is what is happening anyway thanks to ukip - although whether that will continue to happen as we approach the general election is anyone's guess

which is what i meant when i said that labour need to convince their traditional supporters - they need to "get the vote out" as they used to say

i'm not sure labour need to demoralise conservative support, but they do need conservative support to weaken a touch - which is what is happening anyway thanks to ukip - although whether that will continue to happen as we approach the general election is anyone's guess

To be fair, either the Tory party do it to themselves or Labour does it. None of the other parties have the political weight to make much of a difference to the opinion of Tory voters and at this moment in time, the Tory party is doing well to keep its support base pretty happy.

the Tory party is doing well to keep its support base pretty happy.

this bit i agree with - although they do need to attract more than their core support if they want to form a government - which is what david cameron was very good at during the last general election campaign

in their favour, they won't have the surge in libdem support we saw at the last election to compete against, which should sneak them a few extra seats

You seem obsessed with the win aspect. They don't have to win, all they have to do is form a government. Tony Blair won the 2005 general election with less votes then the Torys received losing the 1997 election!

I think you are right. The next election will and always was going to be fought on the economy. Labour are trying desperately to move peoples gaze away from growth to cost of living, which is not working. At present the Tory party is winning this fight, but we have a long time until the election so things could change.

I'm not sure what you mean here as just because the Tory party was in opposition that doesn't mean they cant be in power, otherwise Labour should never have one the 1997 election given your logic. Labour were out of power for 18 years prior top their 1997 election win.

Come on, the win is all important. Don't pretend it isn't. No party would choose to be in coalition.

Many in the Tory party won't forget the 2010 failure against quite possibly the most limited PM the country has ever had

Or either party could develop a set of policies most people would vote for. I don't class such policies as the Bedroom Tax, Granny Tax, Pasty Tax, bullying the Unemployed and disabled, public sector workers, capping child benefit etc the type of policies people would want to vote for.

Or either party could develop a set of policies most people would vote for. I don't class such policies as the Bedroom Tax, Granny Tax, Pasty Tax, bullying the Unemployed and disabled, public sector workers, capping child benefit etc the type of policies people would want to vote for.

Is the UK government truly in control ? When the rest of Europe is in a bad position ? We still have to put forward taxation in order to gain some monetary cashflow.

Whoever gets the UK public debt reduced at a faster rate, and for UK to be bouyant again, deserves the vote.

Is the UK government truly in control ? When the rest of Europe is in a bad position ? We still have to put forward taxation in order to gain some monetary cashflow.

Whoever gets the UK public debt reduced at a faster rate, and for UK to be bouyant again, deserves the vote.

I'm not sure the rest of Europe is in such a bad position, even Spain has been out of recession for months

---------- Post added 06-02-2014 at 07:07 ----------

I see Aidan Burley tried to slip out the back door unnoticed ... and totally failed

Archived