Gove : Bring Back 'Old Fashioned' Punishments

:hihi:

Except that the pain can hardly be described as 'mild', in that case. On a scale of 1 one to ten, I'd say 26. Like poking yourself in the eye with a bodkin? Is there no end to the self-contradictory drivel this person can produce?

Mockery and insults are a sign of a weak argument and failed position.

Alice BB's point about the self contradictory nature of your posts was entirely fair and accurate. You've several blatantly false and contradictory statements and are inventing 'facts' to support your bizarre assertions.

All proven to be more damaging to a child that a quick smack.

What do you think about outright refusal to back up seemingly spurious claims?

Making stuff up is truly a sign of a weak and failed position.

They don't sit on their own and reflect on what they have just done wrong, they sit and wonder why their guardian as just rejected them and how soon they will get back to them.

When time out is used correctly it can be an invaluable tool in managing children's behaviour and is done in way which means that the child knows exactly why they are in that situation and the steps they need to take to get out of it.

I suggest you go and do a bit of research before expressing further opinion - you seem deeply ill informed. Can I suggest you watch a few episodes of Jo Frost's ('Super Nanny) television programmes.

Alice BB's point about the self contradictory nature of your posts was entirely fair and accurate. You've several blatantly false and contradictory statements and are inventing 'facts' to support your bizarre assertions.

In your opinion, but then you also use mockery and insults as a means to reenforce your point of view, and you actually appear to believe that it will change the point of view of others.

I very much doubt it, but we are not talking about violence, we are talking about very mild physical pain which is much easier to cope with than emotional pain and only lasts for seconds.

I just want to say this much. I absolutely agree with punishing a child so that they learn some kind of discipline as the modern day child is way too ignorant either to protect themselves, or to protect others from harming others without understanding or acknowledging it when it happens. But then again, why does this surprise you and me any way since adults behave this way in this day and age.

The emotional pain created by that specific method from the TV celebrity Supernanny has a specific method. After the child is kept on a timeout, the mother must come back and hug the child, to reassure them and in that moment they tell them of the reason and rationale of "why" it was wrong. I dare say that in this day and age, all parents can carry this out implicitly.

On the other hand about corporate punishment, I also agree with you on this too, that it can indeed work, as my mother also used caning at home. Not always carried out, and it was not carried out in a sadistic and uncontrolled way. It was done more or less in a threat, or a warning. As I showed you in that video on the Korean method. But the thing is, she did this at home, and it was her method of disciplining. I dare say that if this was done by my teacher, then it would have been at the hands of the authority or by my neighbours. As my mother say, nobody can put themselves through as much hurt as a parent hitting their own child, cos it takes a lot of courage to begin with. (Yes, I will omit those anomaly cases of whereby the parent had no clue what they are doing, but those others who did carry this out, in the past generation knew what they were doing.) Tough love is indeed tough.

The question of this situation with those children running the school and making it bad for their headmaster or teacher, the parents need to be informed and let them discipline their own child at home. Some people still do this, but others are way too blaise about parenting. You do not necessarily want to bring social services if their children act up, but at the same time, how do you encourage parents to truly do their own part ?

To me, I would use soft power, and influence the child's parents indirectly and hoping that their kids will tow inline too. That is what I would do, despite the parents failing themselves and their own child. Unfortunately if you are a part of society, then that is what one must do sometimes.

In your opinion, but then you also use mockery and insults as a means to reenforce your point of view, and you actually appear to believe that it will change the point of view of others.

Are you denying that your claim was false? Or is that a tacit admission?

What do you think about outright refusal to back up seemingly spurious claims?

Making stuff up is truly a sign of a weak and failed position.

You appear to believe that people can't use the internet, the worlds information is at our fingertips and you assume others won't use it.

On the other hand about corporate punishment, I also agree with you on this too, that it can indeed work, as my mother also used caning at home. Not always carried out, and it was not carried out in a sadistic and uncontrolled way. It was done more or less in a threat, or a warning. As I showed you in that video on the Korean method. But the thing is, she did this at home, and it was her method of disciplining. I dare say that if this was done by my teacher, then it would have been at the hands of the authority or by my neighbours. As my mother say, nobody can put themselves through as much hurt as a parent hitting their own child, cos it takes a lot of courage to begin with. (Yes, I will omit those anomaly cases of whereby the parent had no clue what they are doing, but those others who did carry this out, in the past generation knew what they were doing.) Tough love is indeed tough.

The question of this situation with those children running the school and making it bad for their headmaster or teacher, the parents need to be informed and let them discipline their own child at home. Some people still do this, but others are way too blaise about parenting. You do not necessarily want to bring social services if their children act up, but at the same time, how do you encourage parents to truly do their own part ?

To me, I would use soft power, and influence the child's parents indirectly and hoping that their kids will tow inline too. That is what I would do, despite the parents failing themselves and their own child. Unfortunately if you are a part of society, then that is what one must do sometimes.

It takes courage to start beating a child? I think it takes moral degeneracy to start beating a child.

When time out is used correctly it can be an invaluable tool in managing children's behaviour and is done in way which means that the child knows exactly why they are in that situation and the steps they need to take to get out of it.

I suggest you go and do a bit of research before expressing further opinion - you seem deeply ill informed. Can I suggest you watch a few episodes of Jo Frost's ('Super Nanny) television programmes.

I have already and for the most part it actually causes more emotional harm than good.

Archived