AA called out twice £100 bill unfair

I recently broke down on Sunday 23 January at approx. 1230. Someone came around 130 and left at 330. The AA man advised me that the third coil needed replacing at a cost of £103 due to a Sunday rate.

I asked if this was necessary for the car to work and he said yes. I clearly stated several times that if it was to cost me anymore I did not wish for it to be fixed as the car is only worth a few hundred pounds so did not want to spend money on it. I would have rather bought a new one.

He insisted that nothing else needed doing so I go this job done.

After the job was done the car was still not working well and he said that is how it is you will need to replace the other two coils for it to work but they only cost £25 each.

I rang the AA on Tuesday 25th January asking what the names of the parts were your staff said she would ring back after she spoke to the driver but she never did.

On Wednesday it became necessary to call them out again, this time the AA guy said the issue was the third coil again and that the spark plugs needed replacing and I needed a service.

Why was this not done on Sunday? Why I was not informed on Sunday? Why did the AA man leave on Sunday knowing my car was not working properly? Why did he not replace the spark plugs? He specifically told me the spark plugs were fine. Clearly they were not as this is what the engineer fixed on Wednesday. We were also advised to get a service on the car.

what are my rights if I have any please?

I recently broke down on Sunday 23 January at approx. 1230. Someone came around 130 and left at 330. The AA man advised me that the third coil needed replacing at a cost of £103 due to a Sunday rate.

I asked if this was necessary for the car to work and he said yes. I clearly stated several times that if it was to cost me anymore I did not wish for it to be fixed as the car is only worth a few hundred pounds so did not want to spend money on it. I would have rather bought a new one.

He insisted that nothing else needed doing so I go this job done.

After the job was done the car was still not working well and he said that is how it is you will need to replace the other two coils for it to work but they only cost £25 each.

I rang the AA on Tuesday 25th January asking what the names of the parts were your staff said she would ring back after she spoke to the driver but she never did.

On Wednesday it became necessary to call them out again, this time the AA guy said the issue was the third coil again and that the spark plugs needed replacing and I needed a service.

Why was this not done on Sunday? Why I was not informed on Sunday? Why did the AA man leave on Sunday knowing my car was not working properly? Why did he not replace the spark plugs? He specifically told me the spark plugs were fine. Clearly they were not as this is what the engineer fixed on Wednesday. We were also advised to get a service on the car.

what are my rights if I have any please?

I'm confused..did the first AA guy say you needed to replace the other coils? You didn't and called them out again to, what was really, the same job? If so that's why they charged you...

Err, why? :confused:

I’m a car geek! Always keep mine well maintained. Parts like plug & ignition coil are part of a basic service:hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 03-02-2014 at 16:29 ----------

... he hasn't got a car! :D

Mr Bloke is right :( recently I’ve been forced to drive a ford puma :( which can’t even be considered a car:loopy:

Even a well maintained car can suffer a sudden mechanical failure, your fuel pump could die, the alternator could pack in, you can get a stone punch a hole in a radiator, your battery can go flat or you could accidentally leave the lights on.

Theres contaminated fuel, punctures or some little git could just vandalise your car for no reason.

Archived