AA called out twice £100 bill unfair

I’m a car geek! Always keep mine well maintained. Parts like plug & ignition coil are part of a basic service:hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 03-02-2014 at 16:29 ----------

Mr Bloke is right :( recently I’ve been forced to drive a ford puma :( which can’t even be considered a car:loopy:

Ignition coils aren't part of a basic service :loopy:

is for an older car

No it's not. For a "car geek" you seemingly know sod all.

---------- Post added 03-02-2014 at 20:39 ----------

Why would you rise to it? 3k posts,you ought to know better;)

I know, it's a weakness. I can't help but try to educate the eternally stupid.

I've always been quite impressed with the service the AA have offered.

My Wife broke down on the M1 a few years ago due to bad workmanship from a local garage.

The AA guy not only towed her (even though that isn't on our policy), he even took her to a local WC because she was bursting and then drove her to the garage that had carried out the poor workmanship and gave the owner a rollocking......Now that's what I call good service.

Regards

Doom

I asked if this was necessary for the car to work and he said yes. I clearly stated several times that if it was to cost me anymore I did not wish for it to be fixed as the car is only worth a few hundred pounds so did not want to spend money on it. I would have rather bought a new one.

He insisted that nothing else needed doing so I go this job done.

After the job was done the car was still not working well and he said that is how it is you will need to replace the other two coils for it to work but they only cost £25 each.

I rang the AA on Tuesday 25th January asking what the names of the parts were your staff said she would ring back after she spoke to the driver but she never did.

On Wednesday it became necessary to call them out again, this time the AA guy said the issue was the third coil again and that the spark plugs needed replacing and I needed a service.

Why was this not done on Sunday? Why I was not informed on Sunday? Why did the AA man leave on Sunday knowing my car was not working properly? Why did he not replace the spark plugs? He specifically told me the spark plugs were fine. Clearly they were not as this is what the engineer fixed on Wednesday. We were also advised to get a service on the car.

Lets try and get some more facts first.

What car do you have - make, model and year.

When was it last serviced?

What are these "coils" you speak of?

I can't fault the AA. We broke down recently on a sunday, the AA man came and although he couldn't fix the fault hooked us up and towed us home. he couldn't take us to a garage as it was late evening and everywhere was closed. He dropped the car off at home and told us to ring the AA again next morning and they would move it to the garage for us. Sure enough monday morning, I phoned them up and they were there within 30 minutes and took the car away for us. Brilliant!!

By the way, our car is only 3 years old, serviced regularly, but still broke down. It's not only old neglected cars that suffer malfunctions.

Archived