Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

Nocturnal Animals with Jake Gyllenhaal, Amy Adams and Michael Shannon, not bad at all, 7.5/10

8/10 for me on that one, a harrowing story but great overall with amazing performances.

Dunkirk - 9/10

some mixed opinions on it from the look of things, but I thought it was brilliant.

It's not a war film as such, but a suspense movie - it doesn't spend time on the actual conflict but is centred around a handful of people and there experiences during the evacuation.

The soundtrack is incredible, haven't seen anything for a while where the film score played such a key part in the film - I think it would be down to screening issues if the volume was so load it was uncomfortable.

Baby Driver - 6/10

surprised it has been marked as 'film of the year' by so many across the internet, I couldn't help but see it as a diet version of the film Drive - a getaway driver with a love interest, things ultimately go wrong in a shower of violence, but it's weird when some of the car chase sequences are so well choreographed that they don't feel very exciting.

Also found the way music was used got a bit tiresome.

Dunkirk 8/10- enjoyed it, not a typical war film and liked how it was focused on seperate groups or people. Shows very well what they went through those few days.

Spiderman homecoming 8/10- much better than the previous two, maybe because it was a marvel film. As much as I enjoy seeing RDJ playing ironman though I'm not so keen on him encroaching onto other characters films aswell.

Just watched Terminator 3 on DVD that I got for 50p. Normally by the film law of diminishing returns by the time you get to a second sequel there're pretty awful but the film itself wasn't half bad and had some amusing nods to the previous films.

7.5/10

Documentary about Amish kids during "rumspringa" and how some of them leave the Amish way of life. Some temporarily, some never to return to their families.

I found this fascinating. What does our modern world seem like to people sheltered from it and woefully unprepared to deal with even simple things, like wearing a seat belt?

Doctor Strange. Marvel films are normally pretty solid and script wise this was no exception. But the special effects, as brilliant as they were, dominated the film almost to the point of distraction. It almost felt like a cartoon and cast at times merely props. 6.5/10