Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

Assassins Creed. Giant Germanic Irish chap Fassbender is a more than serviceable actor but he doesn't half show up in some rubbish. I never played the game but I was aware of it and - short of wearing a hood and leaping around a lot - wasn't aware of the plot. It can't be worse than the one in film - some hogwash about past life regression and a millennia long battle between blah blah blah. Too dark, mumbly but not enough to mask the awful script completely. And there was the spectre of a sequel too. I try and find positives but that was utter tripe 2/10

The Party.

Black comedy, drama, set in two rooms of a house, Timothy Spall, Kirsten Scott Thomas. et al.

Film about vanity, ambition, infidelity. Of particular interest to rapidly ageing old lefties like me who are familiar with the narrative.

Great twist at the end

YES! I love this film. Although I'm not an ageing leftie....actually I probably am. :(