Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

Killing Zoe wasn't written by Tarantino. Roger Avary wrote and directed the film. Tarantino was an executive producer.

I enjoyed the film at the time, might have to give it another airing.

King Boxer AKA Five Fingers Of Death (1972) - 7/10 - A good not great film but one that kick started the US martial arts craze and influenced many film of the genre to follow.

---------- Post added 18-04-2018 at 23:20 ----------

Berlin Syndrome - 7/10 - A slow burning kidnapping thriller with an Australian tourist being held captive by a German school teacher, builds well but the ending is not as fulfilling as it could have been, I enjoyed it though.

---------- Post added 20-04-2018 at 22:51 ----------

American Made - 7.5/10 - Tom Cruise plays pilot Barry Seal who was recruited by the CIA to photograph South American drug cartels - corruption abounds, good film.

---------- Post added 21-04-2018 at 23:12 ----------

I must have too much time on my hands :hihi:

Thor: Ragnarok - 7/10 - A more comic turn for the MCU on this one, a little muddled in places but entertaining.

Mean Streets - 5/10 - Love Scorsese's films and this early effort has the right ingredients - good cast, his well placed music and a gangland setting unfortunately its not much of a spectacle, told in a cinema verite style it never really grabs the attention, much better was to follow

Mean Streets - 5/10 - Love Scorsese's films and this early effort has the right ingredients - good cast, his well placed music and a gangland setting unfortunately its not much of a spectacle, told in a cinema verite style it never really grabs the attention, much better was to follow

That film really disappointed me, considering De Niro and Keitel were in it, and who directed it. A real let down. I think it was a bit of self-indulgent nostalgia from Scorcese and De Niro, as they grew up together in the same neighbourhood