Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

'John Wick - Chapter 4' staring Keanu Reeves as Wick.  Also stars Ian McShane. 

Visually stunning film & by far the longest of the four film franchise at 2 hrs, 45 mins & that's the problem.  I enjoyed the previous three films as they did have a bit of a story line to them but this last film in the franchise, (the loose ends appear to have been tied up with the end of John Wick), is basically padded out with the stylised fight scenes the franchise is known for.   It's like 2 hrs, 30 mins of fighting & 15 mins of dialogue, such as it is.  The whole film could have been done & dusted in 90 mins. 

You can only watch Wick for so long, shoot & punch his way through hundreds of bad guys with everyone seemingly having an endless supply of ammo, or see Wick get hit by a good dozen cars while having a shoot out on a packed Arc de Triomphe roundabout & getting up again & again, without glancing at your watch & thinking, the last fight scene lasted 7 or 8 mins & this one's now hitting the 10 min mark before it all becomes boring. 

Disappointing end to the franchise.  5.5/10.

Edited by Baron99

Seven Kings Must Die

The film is a sequel to the series The Last Kingdom.

A medieval film about Aethelstan the first King to unite England. The main actor who played Uhtred the rightful King of Northumbria in the series and film is brilliant. 

I loved the soundtrack to the series and film, I thought there was something spiritual about the music.

10/10

Edited by hauxwell

On 15/04/2023 at 20:47, hauxwell said:

Seven Kings Must Die

The film is a sequel to the series The Last Kingdom.

A medieval film about Aethelstan the first King to unite England. The main actor who played Uhtred the rightful King of Northumbria in the series and film is brilliant. 

I loved the soundtrack to the series and film, I thought there was something spiritual about the music.

10/10

The film was OK but I thought the series was far better. 

Trollhunter (2010) - 8/10

Norwegian 'found footage' movie about a group of college students who think they're filming a documentary exposing a hunter who illegally kills bears but soon find out that he's actually an employee of the Government who travels around hunting any trolls that wander out of their secret remote wilderness nature reserves and into populated areas.

Great film although the ending is a bit jarring and seems tacked on.

4 hours ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

Trollhunter (2010) - 8/10

Norwegian 'found footage' movie about a group of college students who think they're filming a documentary exposing a hunter who illegally kills bears but soon find out that he's actually an employee of the Government who travels around hunting any trolls that wander out of their secret remote wilderness nature reserves and into populated areas.

Great film although the ending is a bit jarring and seems tacked on.

I watched this movie with a girl I was saying at the time and convinced her it was real and that Trolls existed in Norway

She wasn't the brightest bless her 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Nobody.  Netflix,   Bob Odenkirk makes Bruce Willis ( Die Hard) Daniel Craig look a right pair of wimps.  10/10.

Yeah it's brilliant

I think because the fights look semi real....not fully Hollywood

The best movie fight of all time is Hugh Grant and Colin Firth in Bridget Jones Diary 

It's like a real fight so funny

https://youtu.be/gBvOHpNhswo

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Yeah it's brilliant

I think because the fights look semi real....not fully Hollywood

The best movie fight of all time is Hugh Grant and Colin Firth in Bridget Jones Diary 

It's like a real fight so funny

https://youtu.be/gBvOHpNhswo

Who ever thought of the traps set towards the end of the film made me think there are some clever but scary people in this world.  Yeh!  The Bridget Jones film,   Colin Firth says to Hugh Grant,   "step outside",   Grant replies,  what centuary are you living in.  Very funny.  :hihi:

• Like 1