Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

2 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Liam Neeson was very good in Schindler's List. I always thought he did win an Oscar for the film, he definitely should have.  

I remember seeing bits of the film before it was released and I wasn’t impressed when I knew it was going to be made in black and white, apart from the young girl dressed in red, but it did work, the holocaust was life without colour. I don’t think it would have had the same emotional impact if made in colour. 

He was nominated but didn't win the Oscar. Though the film won many other Oscars including one for Steven Spielberg who won for Best Director and deservedly so.

I agree with you regarding filming in black and white being the right choice.

10 hours ago, janie48 said:

He was nominated but didn't win the Oscar. Though the film won many other Oscars including one for Steven Spielberg who won for Best Director and deservedly so.

I agree with you regarding filming in black and white being the right choice.

It's a fantastic but harrowing film and both Neeson and Fiennes sadly missed out on Oscars.

38 minutes ago, Top4719 said:

It's a fantastic but harrowing film and both Neeson and Fiennes sadly missed out on Oscars.

It certainly is harrowing,  but I do think everyone mature enough and emotionally capable should see it if possible, or at least know about the holocaust even if they don't  see the film.

Yes Ralph Fiennes acted well in it too, can't have been easy playing such an evil character.

2 minutes ago, janie48 said:

It certainly is harrowing,  but I do think everyone mature enough and emotionally capable should see it if possible, or at least know about the holocaust even if they don't  see the film.

Yes Ralph Fiennes acted well in it too, can't have been easy playing such an evil character.

I visited the site of Auschwitz-Birkenau a few years seeing the place first hand was certainly an experience and one I'll never forget.

8 minutes ago, Top4719 said:

I visited the site of Auschwitz-Birkenau a few years seeing the place first hand was certainly an experience and one I'll never forget.

Well done. In spite of the awful experience   If no one visited  those sites people would deny the holocaust happened, because I have read that some people do.

• Like 1

Long Legs  6.5/10

Watchable and fans of Silence of the Lambs will feel it has some similarities- eerie,  jumpy moments and the FBI trying to find a psychotic murderer.

• 2 weeks later...

Peaks and Valleys

I enjoyed this survival film in the Alaskan wilderness about a man and woman who are brought together by fate.

Although a bit predictable there was a twist at the end of the film.

8/10

A Quiet Place

When New York City comes under attack from an alien invasion, a woman and other survivors try to find a way to safety. They soon learn that they must remain absolutely silent as the aliens are drawn to sound.  Not bad.

6/10