Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

1 hour ago, hauxwell said:

Captain Phillips

The film is based on a true story about the American ship, Maersk Alabama hijacking in 2009 by Somalian pirates.  

The main actor is Tom Hanks who is the Captain of the ship, brilliant acting from Hanks. I enjoyed this film about modern day piracy on the high seas. 

What the pirates did was wrong and it was for the money but you also get to know a bit about why they were doing it. 

Excellent film Hauxwell. 9/10. I saw it at the cinema 11 years ago when it was released.

I love biographical dramas.

Tom Hanks played Sully in the other film I can think of where he was captain of US Airways flight 1549 and had to ditch in the Hudson River shortly after take off in 2009 having had a bird strike. That was released in 2016.

Quite adaptable is our Tom.😀

echo.

1 hour ago, echo beach said:

Excellent film Hauxwell. 9/10. I saw it at the cinema 11 years ago when it was released.

I love biographical dramas.

Tom Hanks played Sully in the other film I can think of where he was captain of US Airways flight 1549 and had to ditch in the Hudson River shortly after take off in 2009 having had a bird strike. That was released in 2016.

Quite adaptable is our Tom.😀

echo.

I'm a big fan of Tom Hanks. Forgot to give Captain Phillips a score, I'll
give it the same as yours echo 9/10.

I have watched the film Sully a few times and it was another Hanks film I enjoyed.
What a successful landing on the Hudson. Sully trusted his own instincts instead of technology. It must have been awful tho waiting for the investigation to see if it was pilot error and could he have done things differently. But I suppose it's all to do with the insurance. 

• Like 1