Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

The books are like World War Z in that the only thing linking the film and the book is the title. The premise of the films is much more interesting even if they do keep repeating the same formula.

I always wanted to read the books but I also heard from a very knowledgeble friend that they were dull as ditchwater.

I read WWZ, it's not a bad book, entirely unrelated to the film though as people already said.

Suicide Squad - better than I expected given the awful reviews. Maybe my bar for comic action movies is low, but I'd say 6/10.

---------- Post added 20-08-2016 at 09:24 ----------

Slightly off topic but have you read a Bourne book? I read the first and my word it was long and dull. I read the first non-Ludlum continuation novel and that was no better. I have the complete set but can't face the rest. IMHO the films are superior.

I got half way through the 3rd book before I finally gave up, the films are pretty much unrelated, but better.

Looking forward to seeing this, BFG was my favourite book growing up. Must have read it at least ten times. I can't remember much of it though so the film should be good!

They existing (I think 1990's) is worth a look.

Nice, nostalgic animation.

Cobra (1986) Sylvester Stallone - 8/10 Some great scenes good for a Stallone fan.

Compton - 9/10 One of the best films I have ever seen I would have rated it a 10 but I thought the ending cut off to short I would have liked to have seen what they did after Eazy E's death.

The Lobster 8/10

I suppose its a kind of horrible, disturbing love story. Basically single people are hunted down and if they cant find a new mate within 45 days theyre transformed into animals and banished into the woods. That sounds a lot dafter than the film actually is.

A lot of quite well known actors in this, the main parts played by Colin Farrell and Rachel Weisz.

Its the weirdest film Ive seen for a while, but it kept me gripped till the end.

Edited by nikki-red

The Man from UNCLE.

Never before have I seen a film that was so satisfied with itself. This wouldn't be so bad but it contains not one iota of originality in it's entire plot. A complete waste of time.

Absolute dross. Even with very low expectations, I was surprised by how addled yet smug this film was. Think of all the talent and money wasted in its making.

Layer Cake.

I enjoyed it. It's very watchable. But it's not in any way original. Good soundtrack though. Michael Gambon seems to enjoy himself as the don.

But why is it that all English gangster films have to be chirpy and witty and tongue in cheek and not all too serious? Is being a good ol' sarf London blagger all such a larf? Why cant we make a film like The Departed? If there is a better film than that, I haven't seen it. Maybe someone can recommend something?

Speaking of The Departed, is Black Mass any good?

Layer Cake.

I enjoyed it. It's very watchable. But it's not in any way original. Good soundtrack though. Michael Gambon seems to enjoy himself as the don.

But why is it that all English gangster films have to be chirpy and witty and tongue in cheek and not all too serious? Is being a good ol' sarf London blagger all such a larf? Why cant we make a film like The Departed? If there is a better film than that, I haven't seen it. Maybe someone can recommend something?

Speaking of The Departed, is Black Mass any good?

The doc Whitey is very good, which is about the central character of Black Mass, Whitey Bulger.