Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

Watching Prison Break, liked the first series, second series I find... boring with uninspired writing. Series 1 I'd rate 7,5/10, series 2 so far... 5/10?

Been told it goes up and down so might finish watching it anyway.

---------- Post added 30-08-2016 at 17:22 ----------

New addition: Just finished watching Tammy (2014), I wasn't expecting too much but was laughing out loud all the way through, Melissa McCarthy is an incredible character. 8,5/10 - go watch it (it's on Amazon Prime), definitely worth it.

JJ Abrams handled it (in my view anyway) much like he handled the Star Trek remake, a lot of familier stuff and some new twists and made good use of newer effects available although if something needs an explosion he'll use 10 big ones when a small one will do.

Yep.

And JJ sure loves his lens flares, doesn't he?

I thought the weakest point was near the start of the film, when Poe is introduced to Kylo Ren.

What an anti-climax that was :roll:

Ren lacks the screen presence of Ol' Darth, doesn't he? Poe couldn't have been less terrified if Ren was a teddy bear.

7.5/10

Finally got around to watching the remake of The Italian Job (2003).

Started out OK, a bit "Ocean's 11" in plot.

But what a disappointment with the Minis. A pale imitation of the classic.

And the ending? Putting the Minis on the train, I eagerly rubbed my hands in glee at the thought of them being pushed out of the carriage over cliffs, off bridges, with some spectacular special effects.

Nope, the film just ended with no cliffhanger, pun intended.

2/10.

Finally got around to watching the remake of The Italian Job (2003).

Started out OK, a bit "Ocean's 11" in plot.

But what a disappointment with the Minis. A pale imitation of the classic.

And the ending? Putting the Minis on the train, I eagerly rubbed my hands in glee at the thought of them being pushed out of the carriage over cliffs, off bridges, with some spectacular special effects.

Nope, the film just ended with no cliffhanger, pun intended.

2/10.

That film was basically a Mini advertorial. Hated it.

That film was basically a Mini advertorial. Hated it.

Just me that liked it then??

Not a patch on the original though obviously. I think for the original they were leased three Minis and bought the rest. Mr Agnelli who owned Fiat offered Fiats for free but the director wanted Minis. Agnelli also expressly gave permission for them to drive on the roof of his factory, had Turin shut down and provided all the cars nipping about. He also gave a Ferrari to the director.

I have yet to see an Ed Norton film I didn't like though I haven't seen them all. The Score is really good. With the added bonus of De Niro and Brando on screen together (unlike The Godfather Part 2).