Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

Martyrs (2015) 8/10

Its a remake of a cult 2008 French film that has the status of being 'one of the most gruelling and upsetting of the recent era of horror cinema'

The remake is quite tame compared to the original apparently but I did enjoy it (if enjoy can be the right word).

'71 - 7/10 - British soldier gets left behind after a tour into IRA occupied NI, the film follows his attempts to rejoin his squadron, good gritty thriller.

Yes I liked that one, apparently those apartment shots were at Park Hill. Poor guy had no idea who to turn to.

All Hallows Eve 7/10

For the first 15 minutes I thought it was going to be rubbish, but it turned out to be quite good (bad?!).

Someone puts a VHS tape in a trick or treaters bag which the babysitter then watches.

Theres 3 separate short films on the tape, all linked together.

Quite creepy and horrible in the end, I can understand why its an 18.

---------- Post added 05-11-2016 at 21:29 ----------

Martyrs (2015) 8/10

Its a remake of a cult 2008 French film that has the status of being 'one of the most gruelling and upsetting of the recent era of horror cinema'

The remake is quite tame compared to the original apparently but I did enjoy it (if enjoy can be the right word).

Ive just watched the original Martyrs 8/10

Its not as bloody/gory as the remake but is very disturbing. The first halves of the 2 films are pretty much the same, but the second halves are quite different.

I think I slightly preferred the remake, but only just. Both are worth a watch if you like a good horror.

Edited by nikki-red

Son of Saul - 7/10 - A day in the life of a sonderkommando in Auschwitz who's determined to get a proper buriel for a death camp casualty that could be his son, filmed in a first person style it pits you right into the horrors of concentration camp life.