Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

That scene upset a lot of people and basically demoted the film to cult status only. Guess they couldn't afford pink Elephants and giant Tarantulas. Was the film a hit in Britain, by the way?

It was pretty popular, I'm going to watch the film again at the weekend only this time I wont be quite as inebriated, I think something as full on should be watched with a clear head.

Lion 10/10

Amazing film of an amazing true story. I cried from pretty much start to finish.

I totally understand why its up for so many awards.

Dev Patel is fantastic, but the little boy who plays the young Saroo (Sunny Pawar) is incredible.

Edited by nikki-red

Split 4/10

This movie just didn't do it for me. I saw it because it has received very favourable reviews and has James Mcavoy in it.

My problem was with the direction rather than the acting or the plot. Now I would agree that any movie dealing with multiple personality disorder is bound to be complicated, but for me it didn't flow in a coherent way.

It was much better the second time around, because it wasn't dubbed. I always found the "kids" voices very off putting, with their mid-atlantic accents.

Genuinely compelling and the quality of the animation backdrops is incomparable. When you watch it, you see the inspiration for so many things that followed in sci-fi film and videogame culture.

A timeless classic.

The new Akira is out soon isn't it?

---------- Post added 06-02-2017 at 17:31 ----------

Watched the first Trainspotting movie the other day, cannot see what all the fuss was about 4/10

Maybe it was a product of it's time and you had to watch it then. Watching the 2nd film was certainly very nostalgic for me. Everyone of a similar age to me seems to think that trainspotting was a classic and I tend to agree.

---------- Post added 06-02-2017 at 17:32 ----------

Mel Gibson also directed Hacksaw Ridge, an outstanding movie.

HR was our other option tonight, but we're going to see "Gold", might see HR at the weekend or next week.

The new Akira is out soon isn't it?

---------- Post added 06-02-2017 at 17:31 ----------

Maybe it was a product of it's time and you had to watch it then. Watching the 2nd film was certainly very nostalgic for me. Everyone of a similar age to me seems to think that trainspotting was a classic and I tend to agree.

---------- Post added 06-02-2017 at 17:32 ----------

HR was our other option tonight, but we're going to see "Gold", might see HR at the weekend or next week.

I'm going to watch it this weekend but I'll be less oiled up with alcohol, I agree it has been incredibly well received and is rated highly so there must be something in it, the age thing could be a factor too, although I think you are a fair bit younger than me, I'm 48.