Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

The Founder 7/10

Surprisingly good docu-movie about Ray Kroc who made McDonald's what it is today.

Michael Keston does well to play the founder and it's gripping to see how and what he did to get what he wanted.

Patriot 7.5/10

Movie is based on the Boston marathon bombing. Good film as it dwells into the post bombing investigation and shoot out.

Lion 10/10

Amazing film of an amazing true story. I cried from pretty much start to finish.

I totally understand why its up for so many awards.

Dev Patel is fantastic, but the little boy who plays the young Saroo (Sunny Pawar) is incredible.

I agree. Its interesting that two of the year's best movies (Hacksaw Ridge being the other one) are Australian, The Australian movie industry is obviously in very good health. I must admit that I shed a tear or two at the end of both movies, which is unusual for me.

Edited by NigelFargate

Chi-Raq .

Arresting musical about women trying to put a stop to gun violence in Chicago, based on a play by Aristophanes. Directed by Spike Lee and starring the incredible Teyonah Parris (and Samuel L Jackson & John Cusack, but don't let that influence your decision to rent/buy it).

8.25/10 - Superb. Loved every minute.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysistrata

LA LA Land - my wife terrorized me with this.. More than 2 hours. Can't a stand this. 2/10

Fifty shades darker - same as above.

Navy seals 1990 -8/10 , after all this years, still entertaining action flick from childhood!

LA LA Land - my wife terrorized me with this.. More than 2 hours. Can't a stand this. 2/10

I'm with you on that as I cant stand musicals. Must be the only one what has not seen The Sound Of Music!

But.. Hacksaw Ridge 5/10 only because it was entertaining. Very OTT in places and full of Hollywood-esque style scenes.

I'm with you on that as I cant stand musicals. Must be the only one what has not seen The Sound Of Music!

But.. Hacksaw Ridge 5/10 only because it was entertaining. Very OTT in places and full of Hollywood-esque style scenes.

Not one for musicals either, but I loved Oliver.