Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

It won because it has a mostly black cast and they Academy recived criticism for its lack of awards for black actors/actresses the previous year - thats how ridiculous it all is.

Totally agree, political correctness for the arts. The world has gone barmy.

It won because it has a mostly black cast and they Academy recived criticism for its lack of awards for black actors/actresses the previous year - thats how ridiculous it all is.

Do you not think a film with a black cast should ever be given an Oscar?

Let's keep this to a thread about film reviews and not turn it into a political one, we've enough of those to keep us going...

Ok, fair enough sarge. I'll just say that it's offensive to claim that a film with a black cast can't win on merit, because some people will make that claim every time such a film wins, which I think is inherently racist. And I'll leave it at that. Back to the films then.

Ok, fair enough sarge. I'll just say that it's offensive to claim that a film with a black cast can't win on merit, because some people will make that claim every time such a film wins, which I think is inherently racist. And I'll leave it at that. Back to the films then.

The uproar last year over no black Oscar winners was racist.

Green Room - 5/10 - A rock band perform at a club then witness a crime within the place and have to make there escape, disappointing.

Southbound - 6/10 - Anthology horror with connected stories based around a remote highway, low budget but very effective in places, the overall weirdness lets it down a little.

---------- Post added 09-03-2017 at 22:18 ----------

Do you not think a film with a black cast should ever be given an Oscar?

I don't think a film that clearly wasn't the best film of the year should be given one because it happens to have a black cast, thats essentially whats happened. Don't try finding racism where there isn't any.

I don't think anyone said a black film/actor can't win an Oscar,if on merit I don't have a problem,whats been said is what happened last year helped the film.

---------- Post added 10-03-2017 at 08:07 ----------

Allied with Brad Pitt(whats he done to his boat?)pretty lame I thought,4/10.