Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

Moonlight 7/10

I don't think this ought to have won the Oscars for best film. I found it slow and ponderous, with too many long camera shots on the actors. Also, I found difficulty in understanding some of the dialogue.

Sounds like an 80's style winner. There were a lot of good films in the 80's, but not so many good Oscar winners. Rain Man and perhaps Ghandi were the only two deserved winners in that decade, in my opinion

Sounds like an 80's style winner. There were a lot of good films in the 80's, but not so many good Oscar winners. Rain Man and perhaps Ghandi were the only two deserved winners in that decade, in my opinion

Would add Platoon.

Would add Platoon.

Certainly a good film, but was it worthy of an Oscar, maybe it all depends what the competition was that year. I think it was the same year as the Untouchables, no way is Platoon better than that movie, of course that is my opinion, nothing more.

Certainly a good film, but was it worthy of an Oscar, maybe it all depends what the competition was that year. I think it was the same year as the Untouchables, no way is Platoon better than that movie, of course that is my opinion, nothing more.

Everyone doesn't have the same opinion,not sure with untouchables but colour purple and blue velvet were both out that year and to me wereboth as good but Platoon was a classic along with others.

A Monster Calls 9/10

A beautiful, part animated film, really stunning to watch with a heartbreaking story at the centre of it.

Great acting again by Felicity Jones, and also by Lewis MacDougall in only his second film.

My only criticism is that it couldve had a better title.

Everyone doesn't have the same opinion,not sure with untouchables but colour purple and blue velvet were both out that year and to me wereboth as good but Platoon was a classic along with others.

Platoon was 1986 and The Untouchables was 1987. Platoon had little competition that year IMO, however my favourite wasn't even nominated lol. The 1987 winner was The Last Emperor duh? Another fave of mine was An Officer and a Gentleman in 1983, that wasn't nominated either, See what I mean? :confused:

The Untouchables, now that is a good film.