Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

Ghostbusters (the new one). (Spoilers ahead)

I don't know what to make of it. It started badly and pitched and rolled along for the rest of the film. The start also felt a bit like bridesmaids - lots of sketches bolted together - I had the check Kristen Whig hadn't wrote it. It got darker as it went along, darker than the original in my view. Some interesting cameos but I'm not sure they needed to drag what's left of the original cast in - it smacked of desperation to me. The four leads were good and it gave it a slightly different slant without making the point too obvious and hemsworth was ok too. Still a bit disjointed and not a patch on the original but not awful. 6.5/10

Ghostbusters (the new one). (Spoilers ahead)

I don't know what to make of it. It started badly and pitched and rolled along for the rest of the film. The start also felt a bit like bridesmaids - lots of sketches bolted together - I had the check Kristen Whig hadn't wrote it. It got darker as it went along, darker than the original in my view. Some interesting cameos but I'm not sure they needed to drag what's left of the original cast in - it smacked of desperation to me. The four leads were good and it gave it a slightly different slant without making the point too obvious and hemsworth was ok too. Still a bit disjointed and not a patch on the original but not awful. 6.5/10

I wont bother with this one and despite a few attempts I cannot get to like the original.

Remember that one, a British sub drops off a body with so called (false) secret information to be washed up on a German occupied beach, ,somewhere.

Yes Mr. T. The beach was in north west Spain, a neutral country during WW2 but frequented by 'visiting agents'. Great ploy (that worked) by British military intelligence and had a more than positive effect for the allies. Great film but alas for some film goers, there are no high speed car chases or inflamed buses turning upside down, nothing gets blown up and no one in close screen (or anywhere else) is shot in the forehead !

Edited by stpetre
Add

I wont bother with this one and despite a few attempts I cannot get to like the original.

you dont like the original ghostbusters????

i know youre an owl and stuff but...............GET OUT!!! :hihi:

---------- Post added 27-03-2017 at 11:13 ----------

Death Race 2050 7.5/10

Ridiculous, cheesy, gory low budget nonsense but I actually quite enjoyed it!

thats the remake? love the original, never really given the remake a chance but maybe i should LOL