Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

Grand Piano - 6/10 - Similar to Phone Booth, thriller with Elijah Wood as a concert pianist who will be killed by a sniper if he plays a wrong note. Quite a short film and the slowest end credits ever which seem to be there to pan the running time out.

Grand Piano - 6/10 - Similar to Phone Booth, thriller with Elijah Wood as a concert pianist who will be killed by a sniper if he plays a wrong note. Quite a short film and the slowest end credits ever which seem to be there to pan the running time out.

I don't think Elijah Wood will ever be able to shake off the ' Frodo Baggins ' character off.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

I don't get the apparent love for it.

The quasi-permanent (i) psychedelic colour palette and (ii) 'too much happening all over the screen' just turned me off, not enough variety in the visuals.

Enjoyable character interaction with the main Guardians, but the living planet plot and Peter backstory just left me 'meh', as did the repetitive sub-plot with the gold people.

I love SciFi as a genre, including at the dafter end of the spectrum (Guardians 1, Galaxy Quest <...>), but this sequel just felt like a painting by numbers exercise. A well made one, but still.

6/10

Edited by L00b

Repo Man 9/10

Slick, knowing, wincingly funny, with convincing performances from Emilio Estevez, Harry Dean Stanton and a few other familiar faces.

I hadn't watched this one for a long time, but my trepidation blew away in the first 2 minutes and I loved every following minute too.

Shout At The Devil - 6.5/10 - Based on the book by the excellent Wilbur Smith a good old fashioned rollicking adventure set in Africa just before WW1, Marvin and Moore are great in the lead roles. The elephant shooting and the "blacking up" may be a bit frowned upon today.

Edited by top4718