Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

Logan - 6/10 - Didn't live up to hype in my opinion. Pointless amounts of swearing and the fight scenes were a bit generic. Typically cheesy ending that fell flat. A bit disappointed by it really but probably the best X-Men film to date if it counts as one.

Baby Driver

Went to see this as an 'everything else on show sounds worse' option, whilst Miss L00b went to see Pirates 5 with friends. Solid enjoyable start (basically, the trailer, if you've seen it), running severely out of puff mid-stream with very predictable plot lines, with Kevin Spacey in forgettable, by-the-numbers role. Good soundtrack though.

6 (+0.5 for the '06 Impreza chase scenes, as a personal nostalgia factor...I really miss mine :()

Steve Jobs - 5/10 - Danny Boyle directs a portion of the controversial life of the Apple CEO, whilst its not a terrible films its not particularly exciting.

---------- Post added 14-07-2017 at 23:10 ----------

The Visit - 6.5/10 - Found footage of sorts from M. Night Shyamalan who's career took a nose dive after great early promise.

---------- Post added 16-07-2017 at 22:27 ----------

The Devil Rides Out - 6/10 - Pretty good Hammer horror with the excellent Christopher Lee as the good guy for once.

30 Seconds Or Less - 5.5/10 - A pizza delivery driver has a bomb strapped to him and has 10hrs to rob a bank before its detonated, an action/comedy with little of either.

Alien: Covenant - 5/10 - Really looking forward to this and found it very disappointing, the first two films in the franchise are bona fide classics, quite simple but classic, why Ridley Scott felt the need to go too deep with this and Prometheus I'll never know, poor characters and dreadful CGI ruin the film. The worst in the Alien series.

Deepwater Horizon - 7/10 - Disaster movie based on a true story and directed by Peter Berg, maybe a little short but the actual disaster scenes are very well done and quite intense.

Edited by top4718