Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

The insider 1999. Russell Crowe as a research chemist who wants to blow the whistle on the big tobacco companies, for who he had worked, for adding extra nicotine to their cigarettes to make them more addictive This true story with Al Pacino playing the ABC producer who is trying to get the story on TV, is compelling to watch, no sex, no violence, little swearing, but you could cut the tension with a knife. Excellent 9/10

I remember seeing this at the cinema and enjoying it, wouldn't mind watching again.

Hans Christian Anderson 10/10

"Once upon a time there lived in Denmark a great storyteller named Hans Christian Andersen. This is not the story of his life, but a fairy tale about the great spinner of fairy tales."

Loved this film as a child, and watching it again now I remember why.

Watched an old fave last night, Lawman starring Burt Lancaster, Robert Ryan, Lee J Cobb and Robert Duvall, typically violent western from Michael Winner but Lancasters stiff cardboard acting style suits the character, he is almost as emotionless as Yul Brynners gunslinger in Westworld 7.5/10

Bladerunner 2049 - 9.5/10

Beautiful, atmospheric (a feast for the ears, especially with cinema surround sound), slow in a good way, not at all like the trailer made it out to be, perhaps a tad long. There were about 30 people in the early morning screening I've been in and only about 5 of them got up to leave when the credits started. The rest of us sat back for a while longer to enjoy the music.

That said, I can predict that some people will hate it.

Bladerunner 2049 - 9.5/10

Beautiful, atmospheric (a feast for the ears, especially with cinema surround sound), slow in a good way, not at all like the trailer made it out to be, perhaps a tad long. There were about 30 people in the early morning screening I've been in and only about 5 of them got up to leave when the credits started. The rest of us sat back for a while longer to enjoy the music.

That said, I can predict that some people will hate it.

Mark Kermode gave it the thumbs up on Film review!:)

Agree.

Would’ve been less excruciating sitting on the bog squeezing razor blades out.

0/10

makes a change of ping pong balls out of the foo foo

---------- Post added 07-10-2017 at 19:15 ----------

Cult of Chucky 2/10

Dreadful. Im probably not the best person to review it tho as I hated the originals (I dont know what made me watch this one to be honest!)

Bloodbath and beyond reviewed it and...i think it was a bit of both good and bad?