Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

makes a change of ping pong balls out of the foo foo

---------- Post added 07-10-2017 at 19:15 ----------

Bloodbath and beyond reviewed it and...i think it was a bit of both good and bad?

Will have to visit Whitby if this what the locals get up to.:P

Boys in the Trees 8/10

It starts out like some kind of poor mans Lost Boys, but turns into a really well shot, well acted and sad coming of age movie. Great soundtrack too.

I really liked it.

Edited by nikki-red

Kelly's Heroes. 6.5/10

I'm amazed this hasn't been remade (maybe it has), but an enjoyable caper. Donald Sutherland hams it up as a hippy (in the 1940s!) whilst Clint Eastwood turns in a fairly cardboard performance. Telly Savalas, on the other hand, is great - as is Harry Dean Stanton in a bit part role. Guns, Nazis, Gold - and a Sherman tank that fires paint filled shells - all very good, but a bit pedestrian in plot and mixed in tone.

Kelly's Heroes. 6.5/10

I'm amazed this hasn't been remade (maybe it has), but an enjoyable caper. Donald Sutherland hams it up as a hippy (in the 1940s!) whilst Clint Eastwood turns in a fairly cardboard performance. Telly Savalas, on the other hand, is great - as is Harry Dean Stanton in a bit part role. Guns, Nazis, Gold - and a Sherman tank that fires paint filled shells - all very good, but a bit pedestrian in plot and mixed in tone.

Trouble is all the soldiers had 70's hairstyles in a WW2 film?? lol. Except for Telly Savalas, of course. Not Clint Eastwood's best, by a longshot.Lots of fun though.

---------- Post added 08-10-2017 at 15:25 ----------

Hans Christian Anderson 10/10

"Once upon a time there lived in Denmark a great storyteller named Hans Christian Andersen. This is not the story of his life, but a fairy tale about the great spinner of fairy tales."

Loved this film as a child, and watching it again now I remember why.

Yes indeed lots of childhood memories in that film, the songs were what made it more endearing and of course Danny Kaye, probably the greatest all-round entertainer who ever lived. How many times did we hear the Ugly Duckling and The Emperor's New Clothes on the family radio in the 50's?

Edited by Ontarian1981

Not a great run of late:

The Love Witch - 2/10 - Awful.

Air Guitar Nation - 6/10 - Quite a fun documentary about the world Air Guitar Championships in Finland.

Personal Shopper - 5.5/10 - Thriller about a medium searching for the prescence of her recently deceased twin brother, effective in places bit too ambiguous.

Blade Runner 2049 - visually spectacular, soundtrack better than expected but very deep so will require a couple more viewings - 8.5/10. Would only recommend to die hard Blade Runner fans. BTW - the Curzon is a fantastic cinema.

Alien Covenant - so absolutely dire it's laughable. I'm only giving it a 1 out of 10 in acknowledgement of some of the set pieces (which looked great viewed in my Oculus Rift on a massive screen). Avoid at all costs.