Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

Bladerunner 2049. I completely fell in love with it, it was near perfect. Looks incredible, as in the first film the city was spectacular and a joy to look at. The story was really satisfying (the subject of what it is to be human is endlessly fascinating) and strong performances. I am going to watch this again and again during my life, I can tell. It's just a shame I don't have an Imax screen in my basement. 10/10 as it's near perfect and no film is perfect.

---------- Post added 14-10-2017 at 23:22 ----------

Blade Runner. I'd never watched this before, but I loved it. The whole landscape of the city that Ridley Scott created was so far ahead of its time and, to the best of my knowledge anyway, THE blueprint for any distopian-future film made since. Very 80s in places, but very 40s noir as well but never really felt dated. I liked the proper 80s synth soundtrack too. A classic.

It is hard to overstate the influence Bladerunner has had, visually, on the sci-fi genre, particularly video games. Mass Effect, Deus Ex and plenty of others draw so heavily on Ridley Scott's vision it's quite startling when you go back to the original film. There are pieces of art that are impressive in their own right, and art that has such an influence on what comes next that it earns a special place in cultural history. Bladerunner is that.

Brawl in cell block 99

8.5/10

Suprisingly good and a very good performance from Vince Vaughn- who I could not have imagined to play such an intimidating role.

A committed husband and expectant father- his life takes a wrong turn which has even greater consequences. Very gory at times.

Guardians of the galaxy: volume 2. Excellent couple of hours of entertainment with plenty of Marvel trademark bangs and crashes. Laugh out loud funny on occasions as well. Original? Not at all. 7.5/10

Lethal Weapon. I loved this as a teenager and it still stands up - although Mel Gibsons hair is now completely ridiculous. I'm still word perfect on it but it was nice to watch it in HD. 8/10

Edited by tinfoilhat

It's just a shame I don't have an Imax screen in my basement. 10/10 as it's near perfect and no film is perfect.

If you have a beefy PC, get an Oculus Rift and watch it in a virtual cinema or home cinema.

I watched the original the other evening this way - amazing!

Blade Runner. I'd never watched this before, but I loved it. The whole landscape of the city that Ridley Scott created was so far ahead of its time and, to the best of my knowledge anyway, THE blueprint for any distopian-future film made since. Very 80s in places, but very 40s noir as well but never really felt dated. I liked the proper 80s synth soundtrack too. A classic. 9/10

Right folks, I watched this again last night, just for the purposes of this review, and to answer my many critics in this thread.

Yes, the special effects were great. . . for 1982 and the film has Ridley Scott's usual attention to detail and vision of the future such as video-calling and er, flying cars (?)

Harrison Ford is absolutely smouldering as Deckard; part Indiana Jones, part Han Solo, pure beefcake :)

But sadly, there just wasn't enough action to keep me interested.

Yes, I'm that shallow.

5/10 from me.

Nice origami though.

Right folks, I watched this again last night, just for the purposes of this review, and to answer my many critics in this thread.

Yes, the special effects were great. . . for 1982 and the film has Ridley Scott's usual attention to detail and vision of the future such as video-calling and er, flying cars (?)

Harrison Ford is absolutely smouldering as Deckard; part Indiana Jones, part Han Solo, pure beefcake :)

But sadly, there just wasn't enough action to keep me interested.

Yes, I'm that shallow.

5/10 from me.

Nice origami though.

Bladerunner 2049 7.5/10

5/10??? for original?, I feel like you've slapped me face..:hihi:

Went to see Bladerunner 2049 last night...a great tribute to the original but like the original i'll need to see it again, and maybe again. Rating the original 5 jokey, i'd suggest not paying to go see the new one..there's even less 'action'.

At the moment i've got the new one at 7.5/10..and i guess it'll increase with further viewings.