Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

Mute - 7/10

This got really trashed in the newspaper reviews but whilst not the best film ever it was an entertaining enough detective noir and definitely worth more than the string of 1 star reviews it got. I suspect those were more down to some backlash against Netflix for making their own films than anything else.

'The Visit' by M.Night Shyamalan- 5/10. It starts well and has mounting tension but soon becomes silly with an over the top climax. It's the sort of film you'd get if you gave a teenage horror fan with no training the chance to write a script and direct it.

'The Visit' by M.Night Shyamalan- 5/10. It starts well and has mounting tension but soon becomes silly with an over the top climax. It's the sort of film you'd get if you gave a teenage horror fan with no training the chance to write a script and direct it.

M.Night Shyamalan has a roller coaster career- his films are up and down and not many have come near to the excellent Sixth Sense.

I would say from his 14 or so films, probably half are worth watching.

M.Night Shyamalan has a roller coaster career- his films are up and down and not many have come near to the excellent Sixth Sense.

I would say from his 14 or so films, probably half are worth watching.

His first four were great, the second four awful then a bit of a mix going forward.

His first four were great, the second four awful then a bit of a mix going forward.

He's making Glass next, which will feature the characters of Bruce Wilis and Samuel Jackson, from Unbreakable- and James Mcavoy from Split.

Hopefully he can put together a good script!

He's making Glass next, which will feature the characters of Bruce Wilis and Samuel Jackson, from Unbreakable- and James Mcavoy from Split.

Hopefully he can put together a good script!

I enjoyed Unbreakable not too keen on Split but hopefully Glass will be good.