Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

Black Panther - 6/10.

So so.

Fun to watch, but too much unsteadycam and chopchop editing during the fight scenes, and a bit of an episodic plot. This film is establishing the franchise, and feels like it. Forgettable.

On the plus side, it's pretty funny - the CGI is imaginative and novel in some respects, and well integrated into the live action. It's pretty family friendly (12A) and the unmistakeable, much discussed, afrocentrism might be a bit forced at times, but is pretty magnificent all the same.

Thor - Ragnarok. 7/10

Hilarious.

Les Affames (Ravenous) 7.5/10

Set In Canada its in French so subtitled, but theres not actually an awful lot of dialogue anyway.

Theres a lot of zombie films about at the moment but this ones a bit different. A lot of the film is pretty quiet and it works really well, makes it eerie and atmosheric.

I liked it.

Thanks for the heads up i’ll make a point of watching it, although Canadian French is a bit difficult to follow in the original language.

---------- Post added 05-03-2018 at 06:50 ----------

Best films for me last 12 months

In no particular order : The Florida Project, ( William Defoe nominated for Best Supporting Actor, Oscars), powerful film about poverty.

Get Out, ( nominated for best original screenplay Oscars)

Bladerunner 2049 ( better’ than the original for me)

Apocalypse Now - 9/10 - Amazing anti war film form Francis Ford Coppola outstanding film making that stands up to repeated viewings, a true heart of darkness.

Do you still " like the smell of napalm in the morning". after all these years? LOL. By the way, was it the original or the fabulous Redux version? Reason I ask is because of your 9/10 rating, Redux is a must 10/10 for me.