Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

Chasing the Dragon- 7.5/10

Based partly on the true story of Hong Kong police corruption and drug trade in 60s/70s.

Donnie Yen plays real life Cripple Ho and the excellent Andy Lau plays Lei Lok (a corrupt sergeant in the police).

Very good film that captures the deep corruption from both the Britisih colonizers and Chinese authorities. Great fight scenes.

Inside (À l'intérieur) (2007) 6/10

French horror, its violent, disturbing and really gory. I had to look away a few times and thats not like me. Worth a watch but not for the faint hearted.

I dread to think what the budget was for fake blood!

I watched the 2016 US remake a few days ago.

Its actually quite a good film if you dont compare it to the original. Its nowhere near as gory and has massive plot differences.

Also 6/10

I watched the 2016 US remake a few days ago.

Its actually quite a good film if you dont compare it to the original. Its nowhere near as gory and has massive plot differences.

Also 6/10

Same as the US versions of [rec], titled Quarantine, ok but not a patch on the spanish originals, the originals are far more creepy.

Same as the US versions of [rec], titled Quarantine, ok but not a patch on the spanish originals, the originals are far more creepy.

I was surprised to see Id only given the original 6/10 to be honest, so Im upping it to 7.5/10 :)

Oh great, I'll give it a try in that case, thanks.

trailers here if you wanna check before seeking it out

warning it is in spanish and im not sure there is subs but its not really get much talking, you get the jist. i bought a dvd boxset of all 3 [rec]s and also a double disc set of both quarantines

High Tension 7/10

Gory, tense and shocking. Its not a particularly original plot but it kept me gripped all the way through. There is a big plot twist that I never saw coming, but cant help feeling it would have been a better film without it.