Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

Wolf Warrior 2 - 7.5/10

Former Chinese special forces soldier turned ship cargo handler in some unnamed African country must take on a rebel army and a band of evil mercenaries in order to save his god-son's mother and a doctor who has the cure for Ebola.

Utterly mental OTT Chinese film which is like one of those 1980s Cannon action film scripts but with a much larger budget and a body count that's off the scale.

Hereditary 8.5/10

A very good horror film which definately sends a few chills up your back.

You may scratch your head to understand some bits parts, but it does kind of fall in to place near the climax.

It's a 4/10 from me.

The first third starts off well, then nothing much happens in the second third, and I have no idea what's going on in the final third :huh::help:

It's a 4/10 from me.

The first third starts off well, then nothing much happens in the second third, and I have no idea what's going on in the final third :huh::help:

It's had critical acclaim by some usually very hard to please reviewers. I guess personal views will be different- some will like it and some not.

I thought it was well made, avoiding typical horror cliches and creating a genuine tension build up.

The Limehouse Golem 8/10

Really enjoyed this. Well written, well acted and keeps you guessing right till the end.

I enjoyed this one too and agree with your rating, but I had it figured out before the end, although I was only guessing. lol

---------- Post added 27-08-2018 at 10:26 ----------

I just read that Katherine Johnson, one of three African American women who were all instrumental in putting the first man on the moon, turned 100 today.

The reason I mention it on this thread is that I watched Hidden Figures just two weeks ago which tells the story of those three ultra smart ladies and their trials and tribulations in the still-segregated southern US of 1961.

I rate the film 8/10 , the ladies (all still living) themselves a resounding 10/10 and then some. Happy birthday Katherine.