Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

Murder on the orient express. I quite liked this. The production was really quite lavish and I loved the period feel, and there was really nice cinematic touches that film nerds like. The cast overall, was excellent - enthusiastic without being over the top. The big problem was Branagh as poirot. He played an excellent Belgian detective but having read a few poirot books (not this one as it goes) David suchet nails it so well that anyone else, including Branagh and the late great peter Ustinov don't capture him, in my view anyway, as well. But I still enjoyed it. 7.5/10

What we do in the Shadows 8/10

Thor Ragnarok director Taika Waititi directs and stars with Jemaine Clement in this mockumentary from 2014 following four vampires sharing a house in Wellington, New Zealand.

A hugely funny exploration of the most common vampire tropes, and some killer physical comedy.

Star Wars, the last Jedi. Another 2 and half hour arse numbing experience. Lazy writing - basically a cut and paste job from the first 3 with a couple of modern twists. Definately felt more Disney than the last one in parts despite the violence in between. Mark hamil was good but overall it didn't feel like a proper Star Wars film, more like a copy and left me a bit cold. 4/10

Prisoners 8/10

Really good thriller. A father takes matters into his own hands when his little daughter goes missing.

Some great acting from a decent cast. Its gritty, dark, and quite uncomfortable and violent in places.

153 minutes long but it didnt feel like it. Well worth a watch if you fancy a really serious drama.

On a lighter note, Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal in a film together, whats not to like!

Edited by nikki-red