Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

On 08/02/2014 at 17:56, taxman said:

Harry brown

It could have been a sub rate Death Wish but Michael Caine's performance was very good and lifted the whole film.

He can be a very good actor when he tries and isn't doing z rate movies.

8/10

Yeah, I watched that a few weeks back, I liked it too, agree with your rating.

Pet Sematary (2019)     7/10

Not a bad remake, enjoyable enough though the ending felt rushed and it lacked the general creepiness of the original. There are also a lot of changes from the book, some that I understand more than others.

Worth a watch tho.

Edited by nikki-red

It Follows 6/10

Looks fantastic - really good use of locations; feels totally off kilter and timeless it also has a brilliant score. Lead actress is compelling. 

Story is a bit of a let down, and the finale in the swimming baths is daft. Pity.

Us  9/10

I loved this. Its creepy, weird, funny, scary well acted and violent. Most of all it makes you think.

The main twist makes you question everything youve been thinking for the entire film.

It does leave you with a lot of unanswered questions but in my opinion that was part of its appeal.

23 hours ago, nikki-red said:

Us  9/10

I loved this. Its creepy, weird, funny, scary well acted and violent. Most of all it makes you think.

The main twist makes you question everything youve been thinking for the entire film.

It does leave you with a lot of unanswered questions but in my opinion that was part of its appeal.

I watched this a few days ago- it's a good film (7.5/10).

Think it probably ran a bit out of ideas and does leave unanswered questions as you stated.

Agree the ending twist was an alert!

Glass  - 7/10

Its a good film.
My problem with it and the reason I didnt rate it higher is the way they took the story. I loved the psychological side of Split and of Unbreakable. This film takes all that away and just focuses on their physical strengths as 'superheroes'.
Saying that I did enjoy it and would say its definitely worth a watch.

Edited by nikki-red