Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

Burnt Offerings 4/10

A bit mean giving only a mediocre score. It's not a bad film as such, a good production, story, script and acting (with a stellar cast). It's just a very slow moving film; since it was made in the mid 1970s, other films which have been inspired by it have produced better (e.g. The Shining).

Nevertheless, anyone who watched it as a child will have been terrified by the grinning chauffeur of the hearse who appeared when you least expecting him! Truly hideous :shocked:

Edited by Mister M

Snowtown  -  8/10

The true story of the 'Bodies in the barrels' murders in Australia in the '90s.

I dont think 'enjoyed' is the right word. Its gritty, bleak and really quite disturbing.  It was a bit confusing in parts tho, as if the director expects the viewer to have previous knowledge of the murders.

Horrible but captivating at the same time.

Its actually prompted me to just buy a book about the case.

Edited by nikki-red

Avengers Endgame  7/10

A lot of film crammed in this 3hr epic.

Has had very positive reviews- kind of brings the Avengers story to its conclusion.

It's all about time travel and what could have been- you kind of can predict somethings.

Avengers Endgame - 3/10.

What a po-faced, flabby, rerun of a film and pathetic, plot-hole ridden excuse for a "finale".

Even Thanos looked bored to tears by it all by the end, and came off as the most sympathetic character of the lot.  Turns out he did the cinema a massive favour by snapping half the avengers out of existence the first time round, I can't help feeling he really should have finished the job properly there and then.

Compared to all other films in the franchise, particularly masterpiece that is Thor:Ragnarok, Endgame is overblown, humourless, directionless, and filled only with a sense of its own (much lacking) importance.

Wasted money. I know nothing ever lives up to the hype, but this fell so far short of the hype it should have gone straight to Betamax.

Edited by Phanerothyme

The Wandering Earth (Netflix) 4/10

I watched the dubbed version last night and while the story had potential, it was let down by poor acting and the horrendous shriek of the main characters sisters voice over.

Worth a look but it won't be on my "watch again" list

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, and Vile   8/10

Really enjoyed this, and what a performance by Zac Efron!

Theres very little in it about the actual murders, its just about Bundy , his relationships and the trial.

Zac Efron portrays him as intelligent, witty and most of all really charming which he apparently was.

Fascinating and captivating :) 

28 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, and Vile   8/10

Really enjoyed this, and what a performance by Zac Efron!

Theres very little in it about the actual murders, its just about Bundy , his relationships and the trial.

Zac Efron portrays him as intelligent, witty and most of all really charming which he apparently was.

Fascinating and captivating :) 

On the list ;)